Diver-boy Zaha [Merged threads]

What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
From today's Metro

The 20-year-old’s call-up put the hype machine into overdrive and a few glimpses of Zaha at full pelt shows why. At Peterborough on Saturday his combination of bamboozling footwork, acceleration and strength to fend off defenders was not unlike, dare we say, Cristiano Ronaldo. Like the Portuguese during his early days at Manchester United, Zaha too is prone to over-elaborating and being a tad selfish in his wizardry.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/917863-sweden-v-england-wilfried-zaha-and-raheem-sterling-set-for-debuts#ixzz2CCugQIDa

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only 1 Palace fan agrees with the 100 Brighton fans that say he's excellent, but overrated.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Palarse fan I have been speaking to is quite concerned about all the hype, Wilf was his little secret. Now little Wilf is in danger at the hands of them swedes, hopefully he wont be used and my friend can sleep easy. The Palarse fan can't wait to have the little Wilf back for their home match on Saturday, he and all the other Palarse Fans are just gratefull to have him now, even if he goes in the New Year.
The Palarse fan tells me that little Wilf is the best player he has ever seen play at Selhurst, without him Murray would hardly have scored since being at Palarse. He said that the Palarse current form was entirely down to the addition of Yannick Bolasie on the opposing wing to the little Wilf, and to the fact that both players can and do play on both wings during every match, switching constantly without warning.
The little Wilf is currently looking like he, more than any other, is going to provide some outstanding entertainment to football supporters the world over in the future. Any team able to afford him most certainly has the makings of the next Ronaldo. The performances from the little Wilf this season bear little resemblance to last season, the player has matured and developed his already present fantastic natural ability.
So just a couple of weeks to go until we all find out if he is any good or not.
:eek:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
From what I have seen of him he looks a decent player.
It will be interesting to see how Zaha and Stirling get on and if either of them manage to make the grade at big club over the next few years.
Stirling at LFC with Rodgers has grown, but will Zaha at City or manure? hard to tell. Arsenal could be a good move for him, but I think the Winger has lost some of his shine.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Because we understand what the word means :shrug:

Seen him play this season?

I'd be extremely surprised if you didn't think he was the best player in the league after our game in a few weeks.

Although to be honest, I think you all know that he's the best player in the division, but you won't admit it because he's a product of the Palace youth system. Understandable, I suppose. If you had anyone decent I might try the same trick :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'd be extremely surprised if you didn't think he was the best player in the league after our game in a few weeks.

Although to be honest, I think you all know that he's the best player in the division, but you won't admit it because he's a product of the Palace youth system. Understandable, I suppose. If you had anyone decent I might try the same trick :thumbsup:

Vicente is the best player in this division. Or at least he would be if he was ever fit/able/arsed to actually play. Zaha would have to be literally TEN times better than he was the previous three times I've seen him live, to even come close. Seriously.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Zaha looks a proper quality player. But to call him a product of the Palace Academy puts a gloss on it. He is a graduate of it. You do not produce players like that - otherwise there would be a couple every year. The best that can be said is that they did not eff it all up.

And I do not mean to take anything away from the Palace Academy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I've seen him play a few times, both live and on tv.

From this I would rate him as a premiership in the making. He is tricky, fast and will always cause Championship defenders a problem. But my gut feeling is that if he moved to the premiership now he would strugggle for a season or two and then it is a case of whether he can come through it or not and be a premiership class player. Defenders in the premiership will adjust to his style better. But more importantly premiership teams will allow him to get on the ball a lot less. This means that his trickery and pace may not be used as much and also his confidence may go a little.

My gut feel is he will be a premiership player for years to come but I rate Walcott for example a lot more highly. I would suggest his level is somewhere between Oxlain Chamberlain and Walcott.

Oh and every time I have seen him he is wearing a disgusting shirt, but hopefully he will sort that out soon.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well I say...f*** off then you mercenary twat. To wear the three lions must be the pinnacle of your career and you must have immense pride for your country and all football fans of this country who support England through thin and thin. If you want to go play for some African side then go an do it, but don't f***ing insult us by pulling on a shirt so you can " see what it feels like"

I sympathise with this view - but from Zaha's point of view - it appears they had to persuade him to go with the squad as he was concerned whether it was a final decision. Better to spend that time finding out whether he wanted to commit - and if he doesn't know yet - leave him out.

I would like him to select England - but the shirt should be one that you want to wear. If he wants to play for Ivory Coast - fair enough.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Vicente is the best player in this division. Or at least he would be if he was ever fit/able/arsed to actually play. Zaha would have to be literally TEN times better than he was the previous three times I've seen him live, to even come close. Seriously.

I've seen Vicente a few times and was never at all impressed. When he played against us at the Amex he was completely anonymous.

Zaha is consistently the best player on the pitch in every game he plays. Every team we play calls him the best player in the league, whether it's their fans or their manager.

If you haven't seen him play this season, you aren't in a position to comment.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Meanwhile, amazing prospect at the time 'Neil Danns' has gone on loan to Bristol City, always knew he was overrated..

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've seen Vicente a few times and was never at all impressed. When he played against us at the Amex he was completely anonymous.

Zaha is consistently the best player on the pitch in every game he plays. Every team we play calls him the best player in the league, whether it's their fans or their manager.

If you haven't seen him play this season, you aren't in a position to comment.

Likewise, if you haven't seen Vicente play this season....

Oh, wait a minute

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Meanwhile, amazing prospect at the time 'Neil Danns' has gone on loan to Bristol City, always knew he was overrated..

Neil Danns was never a called a "prospect" by Palace fans. He was a decent Championship midfielder at 28 years old.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Neil Danns was never a called a "prospect" by Palace fans. He was a decent Championship midfielder at 28 years old.

Well the ones I use to work with said different, then again you don't all know much at all. Ross McCormack is awfully quiet this season, don't you think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here