Diver-boy Zaha [Merged threads]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
why is Will dismissed so easily? if we were top of the league (ie we had someone knocking in the chances WB has been setting up) he may well have got the call. Zaha wonders how he will be able to beat ashley cole - easy - just see how WB did it - with electric pace. He can also finish as coolly as anyone i have seen in the stripes.

oh - you could add what he did to Newcastle (not weakened like Manure) to that list too.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Its tricky because Zaha can play deep and the full-backs do not want to be drawn out. The thing about Zaha he is very right footed so if he drifts over to the left he will try to cut inside. Worse than shooting he might try to find the inside channels (like Suarez). He would be too athletic for Calderon to stop him (Chopra proved that!).

It should be interesting. He might even beat Bruno for sheer speed on the outside, but that will not matter if nobody panics.

Two footed. Plays on the left too. I hope Bridge is fit, Wilf will murder him. Btw, this media frenzy is bollox, they want him to fail more than some of you lot!!

Camicus

I dont really give a f*** one way or the other why dont all you palace pricks just f*** off back to your own boards heard all the hype and the bullshit before and not impressed. Bruno +Bridge are the best backs in the championship and thats proven at higher levels where as Zahas done nothing its a shame hes not as good as he thinks he is.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Think i'll put some money on him scoring, Bruno and Bridge both very attacking so will leave gaps

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
was talking to a palace fan today (or rather attempting to communicate) he reckons zaha is better than zidane in his pomp and he said that with a perfectly straight face,well as straight as an inbreds face can be

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Bridge , especially and Bruno are both very experienced and would have marked better players than him.

They will have attempted to mark better players. Bruno didn't do well in La Liga against top wingers. Zaha lacks a little in end product, but his ability to beat a man 1-on-1 is incredible. Both Bridge and Bruno will likely be beaten most of the time by Wilf as he is simply much faster and better with the ball at his feet.

Bruno and Bridge are not as young, as quick or even as good as they once were. And in Bruno's case he was never world class to start with. Zaha won't have the easiest game of the season, but he has made every defender he has played against in the last year look absolutely shite. He completely had the beating of Konchesky the other week.

I genuinely don't think you have any idea just how good he is. He is, by far, the best player I've ever seen at Palace. You will not enjoy the 1st of December whenever he has the ball.

I promise you this: If ANY winger so far this season has got the better of Bridge/Bruno, Zaha will annihilate them.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Says ANOTHER palace who's gone to the effort of registering on NSC.

Priceless

I actually ony signed up to this forum when I saw the thread about the old boy beaten up by some morons.
I must say I do find it funny how obsessed you are with us though, I browse quite a few forums just to see the goings in as normally the first for team news/developments comes from the actual fans forums.
This will not go down well but I do not see you lot as a threat to us this year and even though I think you will give us a game in a couple of weeks I still fancy us for the win, to be honest I think we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What I can see of Zaha he is very good. And Bruno has not been tested this year.

Most of the time a fill back has got three choices (according to the late Mel Hopkins*) (* Mel said that he did not have trouble with the tricky payers like Stanley Matthews and Garrincha but lesser known players with pace caused him trouble.)

1) Intercept the ball before the winger gets the ball. Very difficult with Zaha as he can collect the ball deep and the opposing back does not want to be drawn out of position.

2) Shepherd the ball so the player goes inside and across the goal where he is blocked.

3) Recovery speed where the winger may beat the full back (two out of three times) but he can recover in time and block the cross. Another defender may double-up if the winger is too fast.

Wayne Bridge is as good as any so that would be a good test. Bruno has not been put to the test yet.

There is a double problem as Zaha can also play upfront with his back to goal and being an athlete he has shown he can get clear of his defender, but all the times I have seen he has gone to get the ball on his right foot.

The problem in stopping Zaha seems to be he is such an athlete even if the opponents know what to do, he can be hard to stop.

Like Vicente his effectiveness is partly reliant on the rest of the team. Vicente did have much joy against Liverpool.

(PS: If a winger can't beat his full back, there is not much point in him being on the pitch.)

Last edited:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
What an utter **** he is - I don't care if it's Bruno, Bridge , a Derby , Hull or Leeds player I just hope someone snaps this prick in two.

Me to Major love to see him snapped in Two as well , then they wouldn't get all them billions they keep spouting on about......It would be a payment back for what happened to Gerry Ryan by that fkin houghton ........

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I actually ony signed up to this forum when I saw the thread about the old boy beaten up by some morons.
I must say I do find it funny how obsessed you are with us though, I browse quite a few forums just to see the goings in as normally the first for team news/developments comes from the actual fans forums.
This will not go down well but I do not see you lot as a threat to us this year and even though I think you will give us a game in a couple of weeks I still fancy us for the win, to be honest I think we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Top fishing :thumbsup:

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Bridge is 32. Wilfried is a 20 year old England international.

Okay, I'll bite - Bridge has 36 England caps, Zaha has 0 England caps.

Not saying Bridge will have it easy against the world's third greatest player, but he's several levels better than Konchesky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports