Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diver-boy Zaha [Merged threads]

What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

:facepalm: You think Buckley just strolls around and puts the ball in the net?

Like I've said, I haven't seen Zaha enough to comment on who I think is 'better', but the FACT is, Buckley has scored MORE GOALS in FEWER appearances. Get that?

This is like trying to tell a religious person that there is no God :nono:

I'm surprised you haven't seen Zaha that much as you were obsessed enough about him to start a poll on him and to post several times about him. Are you a Premier League scout in disguise or are you Buckley's agent looking for a pay rise?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm surprised you haven't seen Zaha that much as you were obsessed enough about him to start a poll on him and to post several times about him. Are you a Premier League scout in disguise or are you Buckley's agent looking for a pay rise?

Neither and I'm not obsessed, I just wanted to make a point that we don't actually think he's shit, we just don't get the hype.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
That was a joke. The site is not for sale (or at least, it shouldn't be). Just owning the site is not a problem. Given that you know all this, you could have explained the rules to everyone (as gripper clearly questioned in the first thread whether he'd have to take it down, but I'm not aware of any law that says he'd have to).

I'm sure it was a joke. However, it could equally be read as someone trying to turn a profit, after all look at the context in which the site was purchased. And for the record, I never said just owning the site is a problem, so we agree on that.

I'm sorry I didn't explain in layman's terms earlier but I'm not sure anyone here is qualified too; Cyber squatting is a legal grey area.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, my first post was simply to advise Gripper to set up an appreciation page of some sort, although even then it's debatable if this would stand up - not that it's likely to be tested.

Oct 12, 2012
Neither and I'm not obsessed, I just wanted to make a point that we don't actually think he's shit, we just don't get the hype.

Oh so because he has 4 more goals in a few less games makes him a better player? Can Buckley make defenders look like mugs? I think not....... how comes there's no hype about Buckley? Could that be because he's a good championship player at best?

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
I am a Brighton fan and I thought this was a Brighton forum.

Seems this forum is all about Palace recently and I'm rapidly losing interest. Palace are of no more interest to me than any other Championship side and I find the adolescent obsession with them on here and twitter tedious and embarrassing to read most of the time.

Zaha is clearly a decent player and it makes us look like dicks every time someone claims otherwise. He does dive and he is somewhat overhyped. However if a club like Real really are sniffing round him, I dont blame Palace for sticking a ludicrous price tag on the guy as that's just good business sense. It doesn't mean they actually think he's worth 20m but if they can take a rich club for that kind of money they'd do well cashing in on him while he's in the limelight.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Oh so because he has 4 more goals in a few less games makes him a better player? Can Buckley make defenders look like mugs? I think not....... how comes there's no hype about Buckley? Could that be because he's a good championship player at best?

Clearly you haven't seen much of Buckley either, which makes this argument both irrelevant and perpetual. :wave:

You might like to watch the GIF in my signature, I quite like it.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Ok, well obviously we love him and all our players really. The hype is football these days - not much to my liking and perhaps not yours. I just hope that Zaha gets a chance, God knows that England need some new and exciting talent.

On that we can agree!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Wilf has had his words twisted and he will learn from this , the lad is not arrogant . Journalists will often do this to make a interview seem more explosive than it really is , or to suit their twisted agenda abit like the thread starter infact !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sure it was a joke. However, it could equally be read as someone trying to turn a profit, after all look at the context in which the site was purchased.
To be honest, the context was that we like taking the piss. Gripper did seem unsure whether he was allowed to even keep the site as a joke, so I'm just saying I think he can. I don't know what the rules are, but I assume if it's a light hearted piss take it's alright. There must be loads of examples of this.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace setting themselves up for an almighty fall. Lovely.

Nah not at all . We will go about our work nice and professionally and let the football do the talking , Wilf has been naive but he will learn from it . You wont get us crowing just yet ( apart from a few dick heads on here ) but i might make an exception on the 1st !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Zaha : "only Messi & Ronaldo are better than me"

Nah not at all . We will go about our work nice and professionally and let the football do the talking , Wilf has been naive but he will learn from it . You wont get us crowing just yet ( apart from a few dick heads on here ) but i might make an exception on the 1st !

Really? The opposite I'd say. All we hear is either the fans or someone at the club giving it large and tedious. Massively setting themselves up I'd say.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Really? The opposite I'd say. All we hear is either the fans or someone at the club giving it large and tedious. Massively setting themselves up I'd say.

Who at the club has been shouting the odds then ? Some fans have , ill give you that but not the players , staff or owners .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Zaha : "only Messi & Ronaldo are better than me"

Who at the club has been shouting the odds then ? Some fans have , ill give you that but not the players , staff or owners .

Well Mr Parish for a start...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What has he said then !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Both players will have plenty of assists, but the facts state that Zaha gets a goal every 9 games, while Buckley gets a goal every 5 games. Purely in terms of goals / assists, Buckley is the more productive player.

Can Buckley make defenders look like mugs ? Yes, he can and does quite frequently (note just one recent example, where he gave a Leeds player a 5 yard start, knocked it past him and had left him for dust within 10 strides).

How come there's no hype about Buckley ? Probably because BHAFC are not constantly touting him in readiness for the January transfer window. Your owners are professional marketing men who are doing an outstanding job in advertising your prime asset. Their well-tuned hype machine has gone into overdrive, resulting in Wilf getting a call-up to the England squad, which will only stick some more numbers on his valuation.

A decent little player if a bit raw and unproven, but thanks to Parish you'll probably end up getting about twice what he's actually worth. Thats good work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here