Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgusted of hove tonight!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I can put up with rubbish if its the best we have and after 46 years have seen plenty,what really hurts is when we don't compete as a club,i understand we are not alone in the quest for sky money above all else but a shame the youngsters are missing the excitement of that once in a while cup run .Alot did not bother to turn up last night and the few that did seemed to accept defeat as some sort of victory,baffled:down:

'Really hurts' ???
Mate, you're milking it now but you have bought a smile to my face :)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The problem with the League Cup is that it starts at the front end of the season, when league games are coming thick and fast and is something most managers could well do without. Last night was the 46th day of the season for us and we have already played 11 competitive games. Many players have also been away on International duty.
Last night demonstrated that you cannot take the class of Dunk, Bruno, Kayal, Stephens and Knockaert out of our side and expect a high level performance. These are some of the best players in the Championship and their replacements are not at that level. You look for signs that some of the others could step up to the plate but ultimately, it is the big game players that we depend on. Reading played Jon Swift last night, who is a class act and sure enough he scored. Stam knew he could blend the youngsters around Swift. He has clearly drilled his whole squad to be a tight defensive unit, centre-backs pushing out quickly, full backs pushing forward quickly. Their game plan was better than ours and we lacked the class on the night to make a difference. On Saturday it will be different. The big guns will be back. This Reading game will soon be forgotten, as was Walsall last season and lets concentrate on finishing the job we started last season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Rev is an advocate of non league footie and posts a lot about the cost of attending top flight football these days and makes good points in relation to these subjects...but he does like a good troll whenever Brighton lose or there is some negative news about the club....but hey the suns shining and it's lovely out

Replying to BHANUTZ

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Take your point i missed the smashing of a depleted Burton with the late penalty:ffsparr: Are we not allowed to play well twice in 4 days?

Not when our big game players are all missing. Without them we are an ordinary side and very beatable by a well drilled/set-up side.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It seems you miss quite a lot of games....

He's a kind of footballing hipster these days: just seems to post about whichever obscure non-league club he's been to this week in the eleventh preliminary qualifying round of the FA Cup. Probably has a full beard and rides to these matches on an old fashioned bicycle whilst drinking from a can of Stella (but only in an ironic way).

He's a kind of footballing hipster these days: just seems to post about whichever obscure non-league club he's been to this week in the eleventh preliminary qualifying round of the FA Cup. Probably has a full beard and rides to these matches on an old fashioned bicycle whilst drinking from a can of Stella (but only in an ironic way).

This could the nicest post you have ever made about me in an ironic way,i'll grab some stellas for tonight and crack one off???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

D

Deleted member 22389

The club let us down! The players lets us down And sadly the fans lets us down! Tonight we proved that our natural level is 3rd tier,ironically 40 years ago as a division 3 side we whacked a few top sides in this competition:moo: Probably my last visit to amex(where dreams come to die) We managed to take the tinpot cup in both hands tonight. I dedicate this post to the albion fan who was brought to tears in the bell after this disgusting farce of an attempted pretence of a competitive game tonight! Goodnight:flounce::flounce::flounce:

Would be ok if I could afford to go, but I can only just about manage my season ticket each month. £40 quid is a lot of money. I will keep getting my season ticket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The OP has a point. Embarrassing performance. No effort or commitment except in flashes. The one outstanding Albion player was Elvis who looked dangerous every time he had the ball and won numerous free kicks. So what does the manager do? Subs him with 15 minutes to go! Our only potential match-winner taken off. Madness. The only possible reason could be that he was playing so well Hughton plans to start him on Saturday and therefore didn't want to risk him for 90 minutes. And as for the sponsors' man-of-the-match?? Baldock??? A travesty. Elvis was the only possible candidate.
Saving him for the weekend given his improved showing perhaps? Smart man that Hughton.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Along with thousands of others tbf! Looks like Albion hardcore support is about 6k! well said that several hundred of the hardcore were rattling over the viaduct when the final whistle went!:moo:

some of them were 1901 don't forget...And please don't include yourself as a hardcore fan!

Attachments

• udders ultras.png
    udders ultras.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 228

Jan 30, 2008
Along with thousands of others tbf! Looks like Albion hardcore support is about 6k! well said that several hundred of the hardcore were rattling over the viaduct when the final whistle went!:moo:
some people don't like the truth??? , honest fans have been drifting away after the Amex novelty had worn off, only trendy JCL's and OAP stalwarts going now IMHO
regards
DR

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The club let us down! The players lets us down And sadly the fans lets us down! Tonight we proved that our natural level is 3rd tier,ironically 40 years ago as a division 3 side we whacked a few top sides in this competition:moo: Probably my last visit to amex(where dreams come to die) We managed to take the tinpot cup in both hands tonight. I dedicate this post to the albion fan who was brought to tears in the bell after this disgusting farce of an attempted pretence of a competitive game tonight! Goodnight:flounce::flounce::flounce:

I do hope the Sky cameras were there in the bell to catch the blubbing superfan, otherwise it was a waste of a hanky.

Please try and get him some counselling before the Checkatrade Trophy starts to get serious. The combination of our fairweather supporters and the lower league opposition has banana skin written all over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here