Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Disgraceful cover versions

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bland covers where you just copy an excellent original, just to sell some records, are the worst in my mind.
karaoke covers i call them, just running through the song to a backing track, waste of time and air play. at least make it in your own style, some will still hate it but you made something worthwhile.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'd like to make a far ranging submission of literally everything ever sung by anybody ever on X Factor or Britain's Got Talent, and all their international variations.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Duran Duran helpfully put all of the answers on one album. They were laughed at for having the hubris to imagine that the world needed their versions of 'White Lines' and '911 is a joke', but this the lowest of a truly remarkable set of lows. It's like they've never actually heard music before.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'd like to make a far ranging submission of literally everything ever sung by anybody ever on X Factor or Britain's Got Talent, and all their international variations.
I've never watched X-factor save for once, when a girl on there sang a great version of Rod Stewart's I dont want to talk about it. Needless to say they booted her off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Duran Duran helpfully put all of the answers on one album. They were laughed at for having the hubris to imagine that the world needed their versions of 'White Lines' and '911 is a joke', but this the lowest of a truly remarkable set of lows. It's like they've never actually heard music before.

I remember The Guardian reviewed this and said “One can imagine the members of Duran Duran patting themselves on the back for pushing musical boundaries whilst not realizing musical boundaries exist to stop multiple-yachted rock bloaters from covering songs like White Lines “

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I've never watched X-factor save for once, when a girl on there sang a great version of Rod Stewart's I dont want to talk about it. Needless to say they booted her off.
Rod Stewart's was a cover version! Actually written by Danny Written, Neil Young's guitarist in Crazy Horse. Sadly died of heroin overdose.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Any of those obnoxiously bland covers that appear on bank/insurance adverts with a sickly sweet female vocalist with a peculiar way of enunciating their vowels

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton (i think) murdering We’ve Got Tonight
Well, I've learnt something - I hadn't realised that was a cover, but I've now looked up the Seger version.

Cheers.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
1707867245877.png

You did say disgraceful covers, didn't you? This one has bad & ugly written all over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here