Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thank God I don't have to watch the final on ITV on Sunday.

Back to the Beeb for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tyldsley is embarrassingly bad. Even worse than Matterface. His commentary for the top rated teams should be X rated the pleasure he seems to get from them. The worst was Belgium who were in fact very disappointing through the tournament.
This. I can't believe any serious news outlet would call for Tyldsley. He's absolutely dire and the only thing ITV could do to make matters worse is ditch Matterface for him.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Clearly they're awful, but I am still going to watch the final on ITV.

There was a period when every time an England knockout game was on itv we won, and when it was on the BBC we lost. That may be over, but think I will still watch itv. Probs.

I thought it was the other way around and that prior to the last world cup, England only ever won knockout matches on the BBC. If it was on ITV only they lost.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I thought it was the other way around and that prior to the last world cup, England only ever won knockout matches on the BBC. If it was on ITV only they lost.

You know, I was convinced it was this way round, better on ITV than the BBC, but my memory must be playing tricks as I've just seen an article absolutely proving we're better on the beeb, as you say

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Got it. So are you suggesting the BBC are biased?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

No, he's saying people's perception of the Beeb influences their decision making. The problem with a binary mentality is that facts that work against your narrative are considered "biased" these days so any news outlet will always be considered biased by some.

Back on subject though, why anyone would watch the ITV coverage on Sunday is absolutely beyond me. Insufferable goons on commentary and the best part (the pundits) are hacked to bits by adverts so you only get snippets

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, he's saying people's perception of the Beeb influences their decision making. The problem with a binary mentality is that facts that work against your narrative are considered "biased" these days so any news outlet will always be considered biased by some.

Back on subject though, why anyone would watch the ITV coverage on Sunday is absolutely beyond me. Insufferable goons on commentary and the best part (the pundits) are hacked to bits by adverts so you only get snippets
Thanks. I couldn't be bothered to explain and you summed it up perfectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here