Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Disaster! Game only on ITV!?

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think we reached peak Matterfarce at around 44 minutes when he said "If England score now then that would be...good".

Exceptional.

It was very informative, I was just thinking that scoring would have been s'hite so it was good to be reminded that it would have been good!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think we reached peak Matterfarce at around 44 minutes when he said "If England score now then that would be...good".

Exceptional.

I enjoyed:

‘We’ve already played 2 minutes over the allotted time.’ Maybe paraphrased but he didn’t understand the concept of the 3 minutes injury time in injury time.’ Then embarrassingly tried to cover by claiming he hadn’t been told.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He's f^&*ing rubbish. He set up the situation that Denmark had lost a player without ever informing us of who that player was. Pougatch has just been talking about it, and didn't have the decency to name the player. I'm still in the dark over who it is. Shambles. But, apparently, the BBC is shite, and the licence fee is a waste of money. Oh well.

Initially he claimed Denmark were down to 9 men. Then changed it to 9 outfield players. It’s like having the village idiot in your living room.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A particular Twatterface highlight “No one’s going to school tomorrow, phone in and tell work you’re not coming in”

:lolol::lolol:

No wonder Natalie Sawyer binned him off.

That reminds me...

[tweet]480487802858389504[/tweet]

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Was I dreaming or did Matterface keep saying 'misfield' instead of 'miscontrol'?

Not a dream. Matterface had a nightmare. He really couldn't get his head around which sport he was commentating on.

But then it is very easy to confuse football and cricket as they are so similar.

ITV should just be banned from showing any sport.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Clearly they're awful, but I am still going to watch the final on ITV.

There was a period when every time an England knockout game was on itv we won, and when it was on the BBC we lost. That may be over, but think I will still watch itv. Probs.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Clearly they're awful, but I am still going to watch the final on ITV.

There was a period when every time an England knockout game was on itv we won, and when it was on the BBC we lost. That may be over, but think I will still watch itv. Probs.

If a tree falls in a forest and there is no-one around to hear it, does it make a sound ? (It’s on both channels :) )

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everyone criticising Sam Matterface is absolutely spot on. But there is one thing going in his favour - at least he's not Clive Tyldesley.

That won't save him on Sunday though, when the BBC absolutely pummel ITV in the ratings as usual. ITV always manage to be absolutely shit and they've done it yet again despite the presence of Wright, Neville, Hayes and Keane - all of whom are excellent pundits in their own way.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Everyone criticising Sam Matterface is absolutely spot on. But there is one thing going in his favour - at least he's not Clive Tyldesley.

That won't save him on Sunday though, when the BBC absolutely pummel ITV in the ratings as usual. ITV always manage to be absolutely shit and they've done it yet again despite the presence of Wright, Neville, Hayes and Keane - all of whom are excellent pundits in their own way.

What a bore.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a bore.
What is boring about that?

Or are you just sulking again because I pointed out your thread about thanking Sam Allardyce was more tedious "look at me" bollocks from you? :lol: You really are one of the biggest self important throbbers on this site.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What is boring about that?

Or are you just sulking again because I pointed out your thread about thanking Sam Allardyce was more tedious "look at me" bollocks from you? :lol: You really are one of the biggest self important throbbers on this site.

[emoji8]

D

Deleted member 2719

BBC should always win the ratings on things like football, as tradition of tuning in to the beeb is ingrained. They need to break the link and add some more life experiences. I know some people who still have toast with Hovis bread, Anchor butter and Robertsons jam.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
BBC should always win the ratings on things like football, as tradition of tuning in to the beeb is ingrained. They need to break the link and add some more life experiences. I know some people who still have toast with Hovis bread, Anchor butter and Robertsons jam.

BBC should always win because they don't tend to go to ad breaks whilst the match is still playing. They've done it at least twice in my recollection, once with England and once in a Liverpool derby in the fa or league cup, that game was nil nil after extra time and yet when Everton (?) raced away and looked likely to score (they did) ITV pulled the plug and showed us crisps adverts. The only goal of the game and after extra time. Of course ITV aren't always that bad, but their product is always inferior to the BEEB's. Anyone saying otherwise has such ingrained dislike of the BBC for political reasons, that they can't break the link and simply enjoy great football presentation.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As per thread title...

D

Deleted member 2719

BBC should always win because they don't tend to go to ad breaks whilst the match is still playing. They've done it at least twice in my recollection, once with England and once in a Liverpool derby in the fa or league cup, that game was nil nil after extra time and yet when Everton (?) raced away and looked likely to score (they did) ITV pulled the plug and showed us crisps adverts. The only goal of the game and after extra time. Of course ITV aren't always that bad, but their product is always inferior to the BEEB's. Anyone saying otherwise has such ingrained dislike of the BBC for political reasons, that they can't break the link and simply enjoy great football presentation.
Got it. So are you suggesting the BBC are biased?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here