Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disappointment for Brighton Fans

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Garica will look to sign Spanish talent

Oscar Garcia plans to bring in Spanish talent – when the time is right.
Albion’s head coach has yet to exploit his vast array of contacts at Barcelona, where he was a player and coach.
But he is confident of securing talent from his homeland when he has assessed the squad.
Oscar said: “Hopefully it happens but it isn’t easy because we have a budget and it is not so easy to bring in these players within that.
“Also, in the transfer window I had only just got here and needed to settle in and really evaluate what I had in the squad.

“But there are players who are open to the idea of coming here and I would hope that, during the three years I am here, we can bring in young players from Barcelona or other Spanish teams.”
Albion expect to bring in a loan striker early in the window, which opens tomorrow. The timing of the 93-day deal will depend on how Oscar, whose side go to Reading on Sunday, wants to use the player.
Oscar believes the addition will be good news for top scorer Leo Ulloa.
He added: “We need to make sure Leo maintains this level of performance until the end of the season.
“Leo is a player who, when he is happy in training and playing like he is now, he gives us a lot.”

Oh no, he said the b word.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Unfortunately it looks like we won't be signing Messi this season :(

oh-no.jpeg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately it looks like we won't be signing Messi this season :(

Thank you. Thought it was pretty obvious but seemed to sail way over the heads of some. Personally, if we have to settle for Xavi instead of Messi then I'll still be happy!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oscar has mentioned the budget in his last THREE interviews. If this was Gus, people would be going utterly APESHIT.

Note for idiots: I like Oscar. I have no issue with him mentioning the budget, as I'm not 12.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Disappointment? brightonmark1234 might not be happy if these Barca starlets don't have proven championship experience.

:jester:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Scott Ramsey... DESTROYER IN CHIEF

A legend at the Quarterboys! :bowdown::bowdown:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Oscar has mentioned the budget in his last THREE interviews. If this was Gus, people would be going utterly APESHIT.

No,... because mentioning the budget during the trf and loan window is appropriate. What isn't right is constantly mentioning the budget outside of these windows AND mentioning Leeds and Chelsea in the same breath... simple difference.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No,... because mentioning the budget during the trf and loan window is appropriate. What isn't right is constantly mentioning the budget outside of these windows AND mentioning Leeds and Chelsea in the same breath... simple difference.

OK and what will you say when Oscar does this? Obviously substitute Leeds and Chelsea for Osasuna and Levante. We are now a bigger club. Get used to it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm racking my brains here, and struggling to work out where the 'disappointment' for me (a Brighton fan) is coming from.

Anyone?

Presumably, in the eyes of the OP, because the talent that Oscar is looking to bring in is Spanish and not British. Personally though l don't care if they come from the planet Zog, as long as they are good footballers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't mind Oscar mentioning the budget. It's when he starts introducing the words 'ceiling' and 'roof' then I'll be disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here