Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disappointed commentators

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It was clear and as many agreed on the other thread where I wrote this it was as of the commentary didn’t fit the pictures. Truely bizarre - talking Tyler here - dunno why people are digging at you for this post tbh!
Also I think a divide between the commentators and the ex-pro pundits, the former all seemed extremely downbeat that we were smashing them, whereas the second lot couldn't praise us enough from what I saw / heard.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Read any football message board and you will find the consensus is that commentators and referees hate their club. NSC has just become that as well.
Nobody’s saying Tyler hates us - it just seemed bizarre - someone else has mentioned a cold - may explain it if true… It was completely weird for me and listening back to it it’s even worse (I was prob making too much noise to listen to it all at the time!)

The refs - well after the spurs game where the whole of football were shocked, I think we are entitled to have a moan. Don’t think it’s a slight on NSC at all.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As the current media darlings, I don’t think we can criticise any coverage of us at the moment. We are widely loved and praised.

In fact, I wish they would all calm down a bit, it’s like they’re building us up ready for a big fall in british tabloid press style!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
As always another viewpoint...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The BBC (MOTD) commentator, yes I know it was only highlights, imho was biased towards Arse or at least had a narrative in his mind of a wonderful Arse taking us to the cleaners. Over the top one-sided glowing praise for them. Until the Enciso goal.

From then on in Mr Narrative did a 180 with heaps of negativity on them.

I’m sure there was a time where commentators simply described, poetically, the action in front of them. Peter Jones, Bryan Butler.
I think it was Steve Wilson - isn’t he a Brighton fan?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not really... I thought Gary Neville was very generous with his praise.
So was Keane apparently, the only begrudging praise was Micah…… (again apparently)……..

because I was too busy watching Brighton absolutely batter Arsenal……

I love football😃

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The BBC (MOTD) commentator, yes I know it was only highlights, imho was biased towards Arse or at least had a narrative in his mind of a wonderful Arse taking us to the cleaners. Over the top one-sided glowing praise for them. Until the Enciso goal.

From then on in Mr Narrative did a 180 with heaps of negativity on them.

I’m sure there was a time where commentators simply described, poetically, the action in front of them. Peter Jones, Bryan Butler.
I think it was Steve Wilson - isn’t he a Brighton fan?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sky are desperate for a dramatic last day title push which we basically ruined.

It is what it is!
There was a silence when we first scored yesterday, but it took me a few moments to register myself. It's so tiresome that folk are constantly annoyed about not enough nice things being said. Not noticed myself looking at it from a neutral point of view. And it's so needy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was a silence when we first scored yesterday, but it took me a few moments to register myself. It's so tiresome that folk are constantly annoyed about not enough nice things being said. Not noticed myself looking at it from a neutral point of view. And it's so needy.
I think we all expected VAR to step in and disallow it didn’t we? :wink:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Anyone else notice this with our game yesterday? I had Jonny and Warren on with the TV on mute but from the MOTD2 bit and the Sky highlights you can feel the disappointment when we score. Tyler’s virtually on the Valium. Even the pirate clips from abroad on Twitter seemed downbeat, even compared to the MacAllister pen against Man U last week.
Yes I noticed how flat the initial goal was greeted by the commentary team

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think we all expected VAR to step in and disallow it didn’t we? :wink:
I was a bit slow to register it and then I wondered that he may have been offside.

Perhaps it was it was the strange nature of the goal and that he didn't seem to celebrate himself much at first, seemingly surprised the opportunity had offered itself in the first place.. The commentator seemed unsure of what had happened too.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Anyone else notice this with our game yesterday? I had Jonny and Warren on with the TV on mute but from the MOTD2 bit and the Sky highlights you can feel the disappointment when we score. Tyler’s virtually on the Valium. Even the pirate clips from abroad on Twitter seemed downbeat, even compared to the MacAllister pen against Man U last week.
That's not what I heard, I thought it was actually very fair. Tyler is probably pushing eighty years old, so I wouldn't have expected him to go batshit crazy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought I was going mad but luckily the top comment on there with a shit ton of likes form neutrals noticed it too 😀

Ps - no qualms here about nice things being said @Brighton Lines - we’re the darlings this season - it just was weird commentary yesterday!

2F209A05-5811-4212-B235-DA07B29AB1FF.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nobody’s saying Tyler hates us - it just seemed bizarre - someone else has mentioned a cold - may explain it if true… It was completely weird for me and listening back to it it’s even worse (I was prob making too much noise to listen to it all at the time!)

The refs - well after the spurs game where the whole of football were shocked, I think we are entitled to have a moan. Don’t think it’s a slight on NSC at all.
This….bizarre sums it up …and it’s not being needy at all….I’d be saying the same no matter who was playing

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Agree with OP,Tyler did seem very downbeat when we scored
Neville more than made up for it though, he was positively drooling over us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here