Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diouf gesture

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Can he be deported along with Captain Hook, send them both to Jordan (I don't mean Katy Price even I wouldn't wish that on them).

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Mildly amusing coincidence: a few weeks ago, some on-loan Palace winger (nippy lad, dives a lot, runs in circles, never passes the ball) gave Leeds fans the finger after a game at Selhurst. Many Leeds fans demanded action and a ban for him. Palace, meanwhile, claimed their winger had been subject to racial abuse, which Leeds of course flatly denied.

Today, Diouf aims an obscene gesture at Albion fans: Leeds fans are tending to suggest he shouldn't be banned because "it's only a gesture" and that "he must have been racially abused" before he lost his rag.

Curious, I think.

I didn't know Holloway was nippy.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Shit Balotelli...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Can I just point out, well done ref and lino. If some of our fat useless stewards at the Amex had the balls of these two then maybe away fans would get chucked out for vile abuse i.e. Pompey at home. The ref and lino reacted, good on them.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
"is it oz I'm ****k........no it's coz your a total helmet and probably the most despised, moaning, whining sewer rat in the game. End.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i have to say this was one of my favorite sending off`s of all time.
we had been winding the bloke up the whole match and he reacted like a pillock right in front of the lino.

strangely it never even crossed my mind that his gestures were homophobic in nature until i read some of the comments on here and elsewhere on the interweb( by people it seems who were not there)......and in conclusion i still dont think they were.

he is just a petulant twanny.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was walking along Brighton seafront listening to the commentry, and did a genuine laugh out loud when I heard the "shit Ballotelli" chants, it came over loud and clear.

That chant quite clearly IRKED him and got right under his skin. Well done all. Good work. :clap2:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

Ironic really. This chanting was alot worse by Leeds fans to Diouf.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
BI76N6-CIAAV5Mx.jpg:large

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I was walking along Brighton seafront listening to the commentry, and did a genuine laugh out loud when I heard the "shit Ballotelli" chants, it came over loud and clear.

That chant quite clearly IRKED him and got right under his skin. Well done all. Good work. :clap2:

It seemed that everytime there was some great singing by the Albion fans, JC kept quiet for a few seconds so we could hear it clearly.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
if ever the fans have got a player sent off this was it. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time

So true. He reacted to the fans singing "you're just a shit Balotelli from the start. He was clearly wound up and finally lost all sanity. Total joker - and a great result for our fans!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry to double up, but posted this on another thread and realised it is more suitable to this one:

I was stood quite near the front and saw it all. Think he deseved to see red for it but cannot say I was overly offended.

If he shouted anything homophobic at the fans while doing it, well, for me, that takes on another dimension and he should be punished accordingly by the league. Without that context I think you would have difficulty arguing his gesture was meant to be homophobic. It might have been him just being a prick. I didn't hear anything like that but, then again, everyone near me was going batshit at him so I wouldn't have heard it if he had.

What did make me laugh however was the face of the policeman stood about three people to my right who had just two minutes earlier warned a Brighton fan against loosely shaking their clenched fist at Leeds fans because "any offensive gestures will not be tolerated here." You could see him just roll his eyes and think, "For f**ks SAKE Diouf..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here