Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dijk Ditched.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The argus doesn't seem to have anything from the club in that article. They are assuming because the agent claims they have heard nothing that the club have lost interest. That doesn't mean we have, we might just be waiting for something.

As for "gus's successor" part of me wants him to come back simply to see how much abuse naylor gets for having written as if gus is gone, when it seems no one knows anything, and those who claim they do (even with what they believe to be inscrutable sources) seem to contradict each other. Of course, he might no more than he is letting on, but given his lack of club quotes in articles like this van dijk one, I suspect he is no more in the know than people on here, which we all know is questionable either way due to all the confident contradictions.

Of course, it could all be a tactic, write with such certainty hoping to force the club to comment.

Having said that, I am concerned that without a working manager in place, transfers etc are being handled by someone focusing on business rather than football.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Realistically, if he has decent interest/offers from Premier League clubs and clubs in top flights in other countries too, he won't be coming here regardless of whether we are still trying to get him or not

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
So the press can make stuff up but the general public can't.
Typical. He probably hacked someones phone to get inside information.

The press can and do make things up and sometimes they get sued and have to cough up hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
I was speaking to this Dutch fan and he really didn't rate him, he said good going forward but poor at defending. It may have been the other way round as I was on the Duvell at the time!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like Van Dijk's agent has his fingers in a few pies.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Rohan Ince has been impressing hasn't he? And might Dunk step up once / since court case over....... not been up to date with news on that.

IF we got Upson and AEA resigned we wouldn't need another CB but those are BIG if's

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Rohan Ince has been impressing hasn't he? And might Dunk step up once / since court case over....... not been up to date with news on that.

IF we got Upson and AEA resigned we wouldn't need another CB but those are BIG if's

Second trial finished. A majority verdict, not guilty on all counts. There's a big thread about it on here somewhere...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Annoying if it's the case, i'd just signed him on Fifa :(

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Celtic have made a bid for him:

Groningen have confirmed that they have received an offer for Holland Under-21 international defender Virgil Van Dijk with reports in Holland claiming Celtic are the club who have made a bid for Van Dijk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here