Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Didn't feel right.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On the plus side, the Europa League anthem was well rousing.

I worked out that the last time my Dad and i went to a match together and we won was in February 2017. And that's quite a lot of games. So in that sense it all felt very normal
Agreed……apols for quality posting on YT seems to degrade it a tad

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Got v wet on the way home. We lost. Didn't think we played that well. None of that detracted from the following:
-- I hated the scoreboard which just showed the scoreline and ...
-- ... when it did show the teams, it never showed the subs
-- it didn't show the teams during the game, so we never knew which of their players were on a yellow
-- the ref was utterly shocking. I've been with @Brighton Lines in ribbing the nonsense on here about PL officials and failing to recognise that -- shock horror -- football fans tend to be somewhat partisan in judging officiating decisions

That said, VAR did its job, but I'm sure someone will come along and have a pop at that.

Edit: and to add, last night demonstrated how great the new timewasting restrictions are.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Got v wet on the way home. We lost. Didn't think we played that well. None of that detracted from the following:
-- I hated the scoreboard which just showed the scoreline and ...
-- ... when it did show the teams, it never showed the subs
-- it didn't show the teams during the game, so we never knew which of their players were on a yellow
-- the ref was utterly shocking. I've been with @Brighton Lines in ribbing the nonsense on here about PL officials and failing to recognise that -- shock horror -- football fans tend to be somewhat partisan in judging officiating decisions

That said, VAR did its job, but I'm sure someone will come along and have a pop at that.
Last night's officiating was indeed poor. That said, as we got the VAR ruling back, so we can't really blame it for our loss to Sean Dyche's AEK.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was annoyed at no line-ups, as I didn't have a clue who any of the AEK players were so it would have been good to see some names to put to them
Yes, was intrigued by their number 5. He seemed to have multiple roles, none of which seemed to fit together but, against us, worked an absolute trick.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes, was intrigued by their number 5. He seemed to have multiple roles, none of which seemed to fit together but, against us, worked an absolute trick.
He had a more enjoyable experience than the last time he played us - when he was subbed off in the 28th minute of our third-ever Premier League match in the aftermath of Watford going down to ten men when Britos committed murder on Anthony Knockaert.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He had a more enjoyable experience than the last time he played us - when he was subbed off in the 28th minute of our third-ever Premier League match in the aftermath of Watford going down to ten men when Britos committed murder on Anthony Knockaert.
Seemed to remember that we only drew that game despite playing against ten men for an hour. Still, did better against Watford early in the PL season after that.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Seemed to remember that we only drew that game despite playing against ten men for an hour. Still, did better against Watford early in the PL season after that.
TWO seasons after that (Potter's first game in charge).
The following season (after the 0-0) we lost 2-0 on the opening day.

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
It was a bit weird but new. Lineups missing on the screens was annoying.
I went to Lords to watch archery during the Olympics, now that was bizarre. Literally anything that had non-partner branding was removed or taped over, right down to the Vent Axia logo on the extractor fan in the bogs.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You should 'of' been at the Japan v South Africa egg-chasing game then. That was like a parallel universe. As well as the normal advertising being stripped away and replaced, the stadium got renamed, Dick's Bar became the Press Office, the programmes cost a tenner, and I swear I was about the only person in the entire sell-out crowd wearing the stripes
I was at that game. All mention of The Albion and any sponsors were removed, but it was nothing to do with the club. We'd simply rented out the ground for a game of rugby. Wednesday was all to do with our club. Marseilles' ground will look different for the rugby, changed for the Europa and changed again for their league games.
I bet a lot of sponsors were rubbing their hands when we qualified only to be told 'sorry, your adverts are coming down'.
Can now understand why the ground was renamed as well and those huge Amex signs hung from the roof. But I bet the cameras have a device that stops them going high enough to show the signs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here