Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't expect this already

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would expect us and United to sign decent strikers in January (for our respective levels). Let's enjoy Wilson while we've got him and trust TB and Hughton to keep the squad balanced and competitive.

Would be poor form for United to recall him though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He can go back but I think we all understand that this is a technicality of the loan system and the deal has been agreed for a full-season loan

Not at all. Both Wilson and LVG mentioned it in their interviews!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Doesn't look like LVG fancies him as he would have kept him and given him a chance rather than send him out on loan. Bit different banging in the goals in the Championship than trying to play in a team being suffocated by the way they're set up right now by LVG. I doubt any striker would thrive at Old Trafford right now let alone a youngster like Wilson

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
2 goals in 2 starts, yes it's impressive but is that really enough for LVG to make a U-turn on his decision and bring him back? Surely United will be after a more proven striker in the January window?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know nothing, the same as everyone else, butLVG is an arrogant arse, and I can't see him biting the bullet and having Wilson back, as it would mean he is fallible.
I think we will keep Wilson all season, UNLESS utd sack lvg, and then I can see him being on the first train back, so, my advice is to pray for LVG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If another of our strikers got injured, and we'd sent out Akindyini to Gillingham on loan and he'd just scored twice, would we rather recall him or sign a more experienced striker in January ? ???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would expect us and United to sign decent strikers in January (for our respective levels). Let's enjoy Wilson while we've got him and trust TB and Hughton to keep the squad balanced and competitive.

Would be poor form for United to recall him though

Very much agree with this. I am certain that we have targeted a striker for January (Calleri or someone else) and Wilson is a bonus player who gives us a Plan B if that goes wrong. On the evidence of his performances so far I'd say the chances of Wilson staying long term are very slim, but he has been an inspired acquisition whilst we have been short up front and have faced toughest run of fixtures to date.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
said it before, he wouldnt have been loaned out if there was any prospect of featuring in ManU's season. their situation hasn't changed since November - they are still just as average :lolol: seriously though, their problems wont be resolved by Wilson, but a half season banging in goals might mean they have a player primed for next year.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If another of our strikers got injured, and we'd sent out Akindyini to Gillingham on loan and he'd just scored twice, would we rather recall him or sign a more experienced striker in January ? ???

#Holdthenerve

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Doesn't look like LVG fancies him as he would have kept him and given him a chance rather than send him out on loan. Bit different banging in the goals in the Championship than trying to play in a team being suffocated by the way they're set up right now by LVG. I doubt any striker would thrive at Old Trafford right now let alone a youngster like Wilson

Indeed, it is one thing banging them in in the Championship but the Premier League is somewhat different. James Wilson is hugely promising but largely untried at that level and LVG might look a bit silly to recall him only for him to misfire, so perhaps we may be safe !

Last edited:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
If he damages Middlesborough and QPR then goes back it would still have been a great loan

Agreed, but I don't think he's going anywhere. Utd will spend massive in January: Neymar, Lewandowski, Ronaldo and the likes so I'm confident we've got him to the end of the season. With 20 + games left he must be looking at getting 15 plus goals for us, Marvellous scene's, just might have a few quid on a Wilson double for tomorrow night.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Agreed, but I don't think he's going anywhere. Utd will spend massive in January: Neymar, Lewandowski, Ronaldo and the likes so I'm confident we've got him to the end of the season. With 20 + games left he must be looking at getting 15 plus goals for us, Marvellous scene's, just might have a few quid on a Wilson double for tomorrow night.

I can't see the mancs signing anyone of that standard in January, they don't sign real top World ckass players anymore, and probably haven't done since maybe Jaap Stam. Their owners would rather pocket 50mill plus a year than buy, top players.
Having said all that, I don't reckon they will recall Wilson, as I think their problems are running too deep to be cured by a twenty year old novice

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I said this to a friend when Utd lost to Bournemouth on Saturday. They were crying out for someone like Wilson up front. Let's hope they find some form and get a striker or two early in the transfer window.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I can't see the mancs signing anyone of that standard in January, they don't sign real top World ckass players anymore, and probably haven't done since maybe Jaap Stam. Their owners would rather pocket 50mill plus a year than buy, top players.
Having said all that, I don't reckon they will recall Wilson, as I think their problems are running too deep to be cured by a twenty year old novice

Remember the "even more crazy money" starts in the premiership next year, so to acquire one of the special ones(Messi etc) at £500,000 per week is now in sight. For the global franchise that is MUFC to dominate Europe for the next 5 years (worth 100's of millions) I don't think they can afford not to.:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here