Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't deserve a thing

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Personally I think a draw would've been a fair result. We were poor going forward for over 70 minutes, but we also limited Birmingham to only a few half decent chances. But then again, since when is football fair? Hughton made some good subs and it paid off. Three points in the bag... look forward to the next game.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dire game until solly came on and result and performance wise the reason exactly why we are getting promoted

And again, this time in English, please . . .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There was very little in the match except the home goal. The game changer was their dropping deeper thus playing narrow. That gave a hungry Solly the chance to show his talents.

It's not a question of deserving, more that Birmingham City cannot feel hard done by. They kept a strong team comfortably at bay then opened up to their strengths. Albion played to that advantage.

Sounds like Gus :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And again, this time in English, please . . .

Translation:

It wasn't a very good game, however when the manager brought Solly on it changed the dynamics and why we were a better force than before. That is why I (he) believes, we are getting promoted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Translation:

It wasn't a very good game, however when the manager brought Solly on it changed the dynamics and why we were a better force than before. That is why I (he) believes, we are getting promoted.

Thank you. Erudite. :cheers:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
A games of two halves Birmingham 1st and Brighton 2nd half , Birmingham tried and failed to sit on a one nil lead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Earlier than usual subs by CH, poor subs by GF and an absolute refusal to give the game up. The reaction from the team to the second goal, and after the final whistle, said everything.

BRILLIANT 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Didn't deserve it? Can't buy that. It was a dire game, but dire from both sides - or at least real solid committed defensive play which meant there was little attacking play - i.e. both sides played well and cancelled each other out. They took the lead, made the silly decision to take Gleeson off, March+Norwood subs made a huge difference for us - and don't underestimate the Norwood influence - and on balance of the 90 minutes I'd argue we deserved it, we dominated those last 15

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I just travelled half way round the world (OK, a quarter of the way round the world) to watch that. It was f*****g brilliant. A dire game? Yes, but only for the first 75 minutes or so. After that, one way traffic. Didn't deserve anything? Only if you're a miserable sod, first class. After the game: jubilation, grown men bouncing around in the stands, players lobbing shirts into an ecstatic crowd. Who gives a sh*t whether some supercilious bellend questions whether or not we "deserved" anything. WTF has that got to do with anything? It's a game not the sodding Booker prize.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham had only lost once at home like us. To win is massive.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Personally I think a draw would've been a fair result. We were poor going forward for over 70 minutes, but we also limited Birmingham to only a few half decent chances. But then again, since when is football fair? Hughton made some good subs and it paid off. Three points in the bag... look forward to the next game.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Games last for 90+ minutes. What is your point?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
We have seen this happen so often to us. Sit back on a 1-0 lead and drop deeper and deeper trying to hang on to it. Birmingham were decent but made the fatal mistake of scoring first and scoring too early. Thankfully we have moved on from that mentality as we now believe that we can win every game regardless.....that's a promotion winning mentality

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Didn't deserve it? Can't buy that. It was a dire game, but dire from both sides - or at least real solid committed defensive play which meant there was little attacking play - i.e. both sides played well and cancelled each other out. They took the lead, made the silly decision to take Gleeson off, March+Norwood subs made a huge difference for us - and don't underestimate the Norwood influence - and on balance of the 90 minutes I'd argue we deserved it, we dominated those last 15

Exactly. What we have consistently achieved is being EFFECTIVE. Don't concede and we'll find a way. Add to the mix a very well balanced and superbly organised tightly knit squad and it works.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We did to Birmingham what it felt like Middlesbrough and Burnley did many times last season - stuck at it and scored a vital goal in stoppage time. It's what separates automatic promotion teams from the play-off contenders. All the top 6 can beat each other on their day, but the top 2 have extra steel. Rather than moaning about it,we should revel in the fact that this time around we might not fall short - and it'll be because of results like this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

That.

I just travelled half way round the world (OK, a quarter of the way round the world) to watch that. It was f*****g brilliant. A dire game? Yes, but only for the first 75 minutes or so. After that, one way traffic. Didn't deserve anything? Only if you're a miserable sod, first class. After the game: jubilation, grown men bouncing around in the stands, players lobbing shirts into an ecstatic crowd. Who gives a sh*t whether some supercilious bellend questions whether or not we "deserved" anything. WTF has that got to do with anything? It's a game not the sodding Booker prize.

...and that. The journey home has just flown by (without a lot of speaking).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have seen this happen so often to us. Sit back on a 1-0 lead and drop deeper and deeper trying to hang on to it. Birmingham were decent but made the fatal mistake of scoring first and scoring too early. Thankfully we have moved on from that mentality as we now believe that we can win every game regardless.....that's a promotion winning mentality

They did the same last season, exactly the same score line, and in that order.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The thread title is just that mate and as I say the kind of result that gets promotion as there's no way we would've turned that round last season

We did. I was there. Birmingham scored first and then we scored two goals to win it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here