Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you play with a famous footballer at school or sunday league teams.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Early 90s played in goal against Gerry Armstrong, Geoff Cooper and Mike Trusson at coaching school my son went to. Couldn't believe just how hard pros can both head and kick a football. GA could head a ball harder than I could kick it.
Also played in goal with GA for dads team aboutsame time against Stoke dads who had first team goalie Peter Fox playing up front.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Sunday park football

Kenny Hunt - Liverpool
Mel Hopkins - Spurs
Richard Tiltman - Brighton
Peter O'Sullivan - Brighton
Roy Cooper - QPR
Jimmy Collins - Brighton

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
You must have some tasty Teddy Maybank stories then?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Not football I know, however I played in the same school cricket team as the cricketer Danny Law - although he thought he could play football (he couldn't he was woeful). Also had numerous kick abouts with Ian Chapman - didn't school with him, sort of family friend.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Sunday football with Jimmy Collins, Norman Gall, Peter O'Sullivan and Paul Flood. I am showing my age! Although I have to say I am younger than them. Even though they were past their prime they were still very, very good!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Played against Gerry Armstrong and Darren Freeman. Played with peter O'Sullivan.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I suppose Tony Towner was quite famous in his time?

Was at school with him: he punched me in the face for scoring on own goal against his team

Not football but I played cricket against Trevor Hebberd and caught him in the slips first ball.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I played with Andy (or should i say Andrew) Cole in Nottingham junior Sunday football, I remember him scoring all 6 or 7 of our goals in one pretty impressive win. He was very quiet and didnt mix with any of the rest of the team during his one season with us.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Played football with Sam Mott a lot as we were friends at school (Woking and England C Goalkeeper)

Also played in the same cricket team as the Kent player Alex Blake

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Played football against Tony Towner in Hove Park and it was a preseason friendly and we used jumpers for goal posts. Next time I saw him he was playing for the Albion.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Later in my football career I played in a friendly in Bournemouth for the Union Jack old boys and John Bond and his assistant Brown played and they ran rings around us. Also that dick head Bailey the England mascot was watching the game.

Jozza

Aug 8, 2011
Had a regular kick about with Freddie Eastwood and as boxing is my first passion its worth a mention i fought Kevin Mitchell (althought i lost)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here