Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you play with a famous footballer at school or sunday league teams.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Had the mis-fortune to play against Ian Chapman in Sunday league when i played for Bevendean Barcelona.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Played in the same team as Pele while at school in Brasil.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
@Cappers I seem to remember you were the only one that 'payed' their subs:thumbsup:
I was a lino when Mr Maybank spent eighty nine minutes being offside----then I gave him off when he was on:blush:
Also one of their forwards headed the ball harder than any of our lot could kick it:ohmy:

@simmo says
Coincidentally came across some old photos the other day and found the team picture we took before the game. I'll scan it and show it to you next time our paths cross

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
@simmo says
Coincidentally came across some old photos the other day and found the team picture we took before the game. I'll scan it and show it to you next time our paths cross

I've got a photo somewhere of you getting an award-----------think it was 'Most Goals Let In'----------you look about thirteen :thumbsup:

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Ive played against our own Lewis Dunk and against Grant Hall. Victor Moses was 3-4 years above me and I watched him play against our school, he ripped us to shreds. I think we lost about 12-2 and he scored 9 of them and assisted the others if I remember correctly

scooter1

How soon is now?
As a youngster I played in the same team as Steve Brown(ex Charlton, and Albion youth team coach), and although he was a couple of years younger than us, Stuart Tuck trained with us as his older brother was in the team. And played regularly against Simon Rodger. Rodger was quality as a kid, and Brown was solid and reliable and worked hard to become a pro, whilst the 'stars' of the team disappeared up their own egos

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Played with Gerry Armstrong and against Gerry Ryan in Sussex Sunday League. Played in same Army team as Guy Whittingham.

I played in a team with Guy, it was some RAOC or RCT type tournament and he was in our team? Some time ago mind!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Played against Elliot Bennett! Could tell straight away he was quality......played with Jamie brotherton, Sam Gargan, and jerahl Hughes, all pottering around the semi pro leagues, although Sam gargans now in conference south

J-Bro is/was utter quality for Worthing a couple of seasons ago.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Played against Victor Moses and Jake Forster-Caskey.

Two separate occasions. JFC commanded the midfield whilst Moses just stayed on the wing/touchline where he would just receive the ball and drill across goal, setting up sweaty goal after sweaty goal.

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
Played with and against Gareth Barry, Duncan McArthur and Scott Ramsey. Played against Ben Andrews an Will Packham (he also kept me out of the county side, which is probably an indictment of how 'good' I was). I'm told I played against Ashley Cole in the quarter finals of some national cup but I lost the programme so can't be sure! Also played against Mike Yardy at football a few times while at school (Hampden Park).

I was in the albion youth with Scott and Gareth too soo maybe we played against each other at some point?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Played cricket against James Kirtley and Ed Giddins.

I didn't trouble the scorer on either occasion

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
I played in a team with Guy, it was some RAOC or RCT type tournament and he was in our team? Some time ago mind!

It was at the RA Depot in Woolwich (not a great reference considering recent events) he was representing an Army eleven against a RA Depot and QEMH side and i played a half for each. Could not catch him to kick him, much to the hilarity of the supporters.:annoyed:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I did play with a famous footballer once, but I can't discuss it for legal reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here