Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you get a Cup Final ticket in 1983?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I spent all my savings on hiring a White Rolls Royce to take us to Wembley. Some soppy driver came out of a parking spot around Chelsea area and banged right into this pristine Roller. The lovely old driver said he'd been driving for 45 years and he'd never had an accident in this his pride and joy. He actually cried as we bent out the wing from the front wheel and went on out merry way...and Smith must score

serendipity

Feb 14, 2012
I got a ticket which I subsequently gave to my brother, a submariner, who had been sitting on the bottom of the ocean, threatening the Russians throughout the whole of the cup run. I was a copper in the Met at the time and went with him and got in by showing my warrant card.

He got himself a ticket for the replay without getting me one! I tried the warrant card trick again and got through the first turnstile but was met by an officious steward inside the gate who insisted on seeing my ticket. I said "Special Branch, important mission" and brushed past him. I expected to be arrested and thrown out of the stadium and subsequently the force. Fortunately, I got away with it.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I managed to get three tickets for the first game - I received two because I had two Seagull Lottery rounds and another one through being a season ticket holder. I'm not sure how it worked for the replay as I remember arriving extremely early and queuing for several hours in a queue that went right around the Goldstone but I got a ticket for that too. Would have been very upset if I didn't as I am one of the few people who saw every match of our cup run that year!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We had a lot more tickets for the replay I still not happy about plastic United fans in our end for first game. I know TB would not let that happen if we got to another cup final.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I got a ticket which I subsequently gave to my brother, a submariner, who had been sitting on the bottom of the ocean, threatening the Russians throughout the whole of the cup run. I was a copper in the Met at the time and went with him and got in by showing my warrant card.

He got himself a ticket for the replay without getting me one! I tried the warrant card trick again and got through the first turnstile but was met by an officious steward inside the gate who insisted on seeing my ticket. I said "Special Branch, important mission" and brushed past him. I expected to be arrested and thrown out of the stadium and subsequently the force. Fortunately, I got away with it.

My Brother inlaw was also a Submarinar he done the full term retired gone back and just retired a second time the only time they saw another port was when they went to the states to practice fireing missiles.
The uniform would get them into Springfellowes and free Champagne some pepole surport our armed forces.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Got tickets as we were Terrace voucher holders. Remember waiting in line to get them at the Goldstone when Jimmy Melia came out and chatted to us. Didn't go to the replay, wasn't that upset as I thought we'd blown our chances in the first game. Main memory was the concrete terrace actually moving when we scored our first goal and just how quickly the whole day seemed to go. So glad I was there, but I enjoyed the semi final at Highbury more, probably due to the fact we won that one!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I was working for Courage at the time and as I was in the promotions dept. my boss did a promotion in all the local pubs. He was in the cack with the FA as he bought the tickets from some dodgy East end geezer! Can't remember where my tickets came from :whistle:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've still got my FOAM hand

I've still got my Plastic Seagull, grey striped FA Cup Final Sweat Shirt (which seems to have shrunk 'cos it doesn't fit any more), Scarf, faded Child-size BCal shirt (bought for my daughter), Tickets, Programmes, Videos (Betamax), and memories :albion2:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Went to the final and the replay but have no idea how I got them as I was usually in a perpetual alcoholic daze at the time.
Seem to remember I had to go to six games before the final and produce the ticket stubs but as I went to all the home and away games it didn't matter.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Got mine on half way line for the first game from Giles Stille who lodged with a mate of mine and I got to know him. It was easier for the replay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here