Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you get a Cup Final ticket in 1983?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
The week before the match my immediate boss mentioned a neighbour of his who was a referee had a ticket but did not plan to use it, my chief who had no interest in sport at all declined it but said that one of his staff was a Brighton supporter,I could not believe my luck when i was told the referee
did not require any payment.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I remember I had to queue for hours to get two tickets for the first game and as I left the ticket window the other window was empty for a few seconds and I dodged in quickly and bought another ticket which I sold on the Saturday morning at Brighton Station for a couple of quid on top. I also got tickets for the replay but can't remember how. I still have the videos of the games but have never watched the replay one.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My mate who was a young pro at the time, gave his batch, I think about 10 tickets to one of the senior players, who then gave him 6 times the face value, who then (senior player) met Stan Flashman in the upstairs function room at the Plough, Rottingdean and got what ever he got.

Is a true story.

I was 15, straight from Highbury my folks picked me up and we went to Devon for a week, I don't remember any sort of panic about getting a ticket, I had the Stoke voucher I don't recall any sort of queue.

For the replay my mother queued through the night and bought at least 4 tickets no problem, I recall her telling me about 2 lads on a motorbike taking fish n chip orders from the queue. Was this true?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here