Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you boo at half and/or at fulltime?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I didn't boo never have as I feel it's counter productive however,.....awful performance and looking around at people up on their feet shoeing their frustration I glanced down at Oscar and Nathan on a couple if occasions.

Nothing

Not even a flicker of emotion. Even when the ref went off for a winkle and jones was talking to some of the players, Oscar....nothing. Back to the pitch looking the floor.

I'm not saying that shouting and screaming will make everything better but COME ON! We were dire and he just lacked any passion or emotion.

Now that winds me up

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Uncle. No I may not applaud your fluffing actor, but I may have walked out.

However football isn't like that. This is my real fix for the week, and I feel part of the team, rather than a punter who just pays their dollar.

Just on an aside. I had the fortune to watch Kirsty McColl, in Folkestone, about 20 years ago. She suffered from horrendous stage fright, which was well publicised at the time, and sped her songs up so the band could hardly play with her. Meanwhile she was being sick between most of the tracks.When she stopped the set, and stated she couldn't carry on, and offered a refund, no one I saw took her up on the offer, and either left or retired to the bar.

Sometimes, you just have to try to understand, and not be completely negative.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Yes I did boo, at full time. That was utter shite and frankly I felt the players needed to know how bad it was. There was no motivation, no energy, no desire, no bravery, no ideas. Last night was THE chance to spring into the play off positions. It was THE best chance all season to get where we all want to be. To a man they failed (ok not Buckley). It clearly was not just a 'bad day at the office', it was/is much worse than that. I also simply HAD to let off some steam i the direction of 'players' like Lopez and Bruno. Complete crap.

That was our chance gone. Now it's mid table mediocrity, for sure.

Good grief. Get a grip man. We lost one game in early December. Of course it wasn't our chance gone. Probably best to sack OG now and get Appleton in before it's too late.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Their players did....that was a great example of people playing for their football lives! I clapped their first goal as I thought it was sheer class...if bale or messi would have scored a goal like that everyone would be creaming themselves.

So did I. It was an instinctive gesture, got some looks mind you.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All teams have off days. Just wait until Saturday.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I think a lot of it is down to the obscene money they get especially in the PL when some of them get £ 200k a week for kicking a ball around and a nurse gets £ 20k a year for saving lives. There is a lot of resentment about that even amoungst their own fans.

Not sure I agree. It's pretty mental that so many average players get the money they do how ever the age old argument of comparing a footballes wages to that of a nurse is getting a bit thin.
Football is a business and if a person generates their 'company' a certain amount of money they should be rewarded accordingly. Example: Rooney. Think of the money he generates Man U in merchandise and ticket sales. Millions. Should he not be paid accordingly?
If you earned your company £10 million pounds a year would you be happy with a £20k salary?
As for nurses no one can deny the amazing work they do and they are literally life savers but I've never heard someone say 'I want to a millionaire in 10 years time. Think I'll become a nurse....'

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I didn't boo. But that was a BAD performance, I'd like to think the team didn't need me telling them that they totally stunk the place out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never booed in 50 years of supporting, lots of moaning under breathe though....

You did moan and whinge a lot at Watford a few years ago!

Btw good time over the other side of the world?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not sure I agree. It's pretty mental that so many average players get the money they do how ever the age old argument of comparing a footballes wages to that of a nurse is getting a bit thin.
Football is a business and if a person generates their 'company' a certain amount of money they should be rewarded accordingly. Example: Rooney. Think of the money he generates Man U in merchandise and ticket sales. Millions. Should he not be paid accordingly?
If you earned your company £10 million pounds a year would you be happy with a £20k salary?
As for nurses no one can deny the amazing work they do and they are literally life savers but I've never heard someone say 'I want to a millionaire in 10 years time. Think I'll become a nurse....'

One of our players is on £ 26k a week which is more than a lot of the crowd earn a year. I think if you are paid obscene and ridiculous amounts of money you will be scutisined much more when you do not put a shift in and rightly so.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
One of our players is on £ 26k a week which is more than a lot of the crowd earn a year. I think if you are paid obscene and ridiculous amounts of money you will be scutisined much more when you do not put a shift in and rightly so.

Totally agree with you but that's the same in any job

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Shouldn't we be booing the agents too then?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And the players wages are a large part of why football is now untenable as a viable business when the squad take 70% of the clubs revenue. All the penny pinching being done now is to feather their nests even more. FFP may change this, we will see.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
And the players wages are a large part of why football is now untenable as a viable business when the squad take 70% of the clubs revenue. All the penny pinching being done now is to feather their nests even more. FFP may change this, we will see.

The FFP just means the ticket prices are going to keep rising. I think the bubble will eventually burst with football. When mediocre players start receiving wages of 500k to a million a week, fans will start realising (finally) the exploitation they are being put through for entertainment which isn't guaranteed to please.
A football player doesn't need/deserve to earn more than 60k a year.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If many of us perform badly in our job we'd get fired, surely a few grown men won't mind getting booed, they'd of forgotten about it travelling back to their luxury home in their flashy sportscar, I'm sure of that.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The **** behind me last night started moaning after we weren't winning around the 5 minute mark (yes seriously). You can imagine what it was like when we went 2-0 down.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If many of us perform badly in our job we'd get fired, surely a few grown men won't mind getting booed, they'd of forgotten about it travelling back to their luxury home in their flashy sportscar, I'm sure of that.

Would you heckle a comedian if he didn't make you laugh?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The **** behind me last night started moaning after we weren't winning around the 5 minute mark (yes seriously). You can imagine what it was like when we went 2-0 down.

It makes you want the Albion to do well just to shut up the whinging!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here