Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you boo at half and/or at fulltime?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So the morning after the night before, and I am asking myself why would anyone boo a team that has gone on a six game unbeaten run pushing us close to the play offs, and all this with our main strike force and major team players out injured. Well I can only guess that those booing are either just impatient with a new manager in his first season getting to grips with English football and injuries or they have such high expectations that they have brought to the Amex because that is the sad I want instant success and money society we unfortunately live in. Sad in both cases

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Booing is a reflection of current society in this country, sadly, doesn't just happen at the amex. Also a reflection on demands of instant success and also fans bitterness of the vast amount very average players earn and then the price of football nowadays.
I clapped a bit at the end of the game but not as much as I normally do. I don't agree with the booing but let's not make it a bigger deal it is just a way for fans to vent disapproval, which maybe oscar and the players should hear.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I had a go at those booing at halftime around me in the east upper. I would never boo the team.

However I probably pi£&ed off everyone around me by:

Moaning that Lopez was starting even though he has been dire in every game I've seen him play (although his free kick against Doncaster was sublime)
Bitching about our pedestrian play and lack of urgency
Castigating the lack of two strikers at home against the worst team in the league
Pondering out load why we are defense is so deep, so slow to push up and no one never seems to press
Nearly screamed when Buckley didn't replace Lopez
Thought I was going to cry when Augustein came on and not Lita
Swore when Lita replaced Barnes when we were desperate for goals
Screamed at no one closing down their keeper allowing him to waste time when he hadnt picked up the ball
Shouted at the apparent lack of any interaction with the team from the bench, as if they were executing the plan perfectly.
Defended Barnes to my dad as I did feel sorry for him.
Didn't clap at full time.

But I didn't boo.

Have to agree. First time I've not clapped. On the way home I did discuss the fact that the team have managed to keep us in contention for a play off despite the injury list and the fact that certain players like Lopez and Buckley are not anywhere near their form of last season. This is a saving grace and in the grand scheme of things the game was just a bad day at the office, but it really didn't make up for the frustration of seeing us go down to a team that were there for the taking.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some of these players are on over £ 10000 a week for playing 1-2 games a week and 4 training sessions going home at 2 pm. They have a lifestyle 99.9% of the paying public could only dream of, many who work 50 plus hours a week and take home under £ 20000 a year. So all this hand holding of the players is a bit much. If someone has paid £ 600 for a st they are fully entitled to boo or show displeasure imo. I didn't boo as I did not go.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Was chatting to a mate about this the other day and it does seem to be creeping in at other grounds too. I think a lot of people that boo are the type that see it on TV and think that's the done thing. Sadly a new generation will emerge thinking that way. God help us if we ever get in the PL when we'll lose most of the time - what will they do then? Still, they'll have had the consolation of seeing Man Utd or Chelsea win I suppose.

Also heard a former PL manager recently talking about this after AVB's outburst about the Spurs fans. He said it's known within the game that the Tottenham crowd are especially fickle, the players struggle with it & that may be the reason for the outburst. His team would be told to really get into them early on knowing they could turn the crowd and affect Spurs' performance. It has an effect. Very sad if that's the type of "support" we're going to be lumbered with too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That was aimed at everyone

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think a lot of it is down to the obscene money they get especially in the PL when some of them get £ 200k a week for kicking a ball around and a nurse gets £ 20k a year for saving lives. There is a lot of resentment about that even amoungst their own fans.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I think a lot of it is down to the obscene money they get especially in the PL when some of them get £ 200k a week for kicking a ball around and a nurse gets £ 20k a year for saving lives. There is a lot of resentment about that even amoungst their own fans.

And the players last night didn't deserve a penny

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And the players last night didn't deserve a penny

Their players did....that was a great example of people playing for their football lives! I clapped their first goal as I thought it was sheer class...if bale or messi would have scored a goal like that everyone would be creaming themselves.

I was more concerned that Oscar didn't understand the game last night...we could all see that we were being passed off the field and being closed down, but he persisted in one up front until the 80th minute, when he then replaced our centre forward, with a very experienced centre forward....leaving one up front!

I blame that welsh bloke ...what exactly is he doing here?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I didn't boo because I don't personally think it's right to boo your own team.

But we were truly appalling tonight, really bad and it was the first time in a long time I came away from an Albion game actually annoyed seeing a bunch of well paid guys give such a weak performance. I can't blame some for reacting so negatively.

If some want to boo, let them, it might focus the players' minds a bit.

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
Yes I did boo, at full time. That was utter shite and frankly I felt the players needed to know how bad it was. There was no motivation, no energy, no desire, no bravery, no ideas. Last night was THE chance to spring into the play off positions. It was THE best chance all season to get where we all want to be. To a man they failed (ok not Buckley). It clearly was not just a 'bad day at the office', it was/is much worse than that. I also simply HAD to let off some steam i the direction of 'players' like Lopez and Bruno. Complete crap.

That was our chance gone. Now it's mid table mediocrity, for sure.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
That was the worst game I have seen at Falmer. (Well that's from my very poor memory bank). But boo. No. Just a polite and unenthused applause at the end of the game.

Now onwards & upwards for Saturday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That was the worst game I have seen at Falmer. (Well that's from my very poor memory bank). But boo. No. Just a polite and unenthused applause at the end of the game.

Now onwards & upwards for Saturday.

Why applause ? If you paid £ 30 to see a play and the actor fluffed his lines all the way through would you applaud at the end ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here