Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you applaud the team off today?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
First half was poor but for the goal I could see the team getting some boo's half time, the second half I was shocked and they looked a completely different team was not perfect but to have shots on goal and some from a distance to get 3/4 players in the box wanting the ball and then the second goal in in the last few minutes was just brilliant,and yes for the first time in a while I applauded the team off. left the game feeling positive for once too

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If so, then I'm afraid you are part of the problem.

The first half was the most gutless performance I've seen at the Amex. No pride at all. The reason the team weren't slaughtered was down to a fortunate goal just before the break then a late rally. Not a problem, obviously I'd much rather that than going in 2-0 down.

The second was better, granted. But the fact remains that the team deserved a real dressing down for the shit that they served up today. For the people that had bothered to waste their day off, waste their hard earned cash, the performance that the side put in today was totally unacceptable. A late equaliser merely papered over the cracks.

:fishing: One antagonistic post and then not seen again on the thread!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Applauded them off. Then noticed that there was a gap in my row of seats and so made a run for it. Still got soaked waiting for bus but at least I was on one of the first to leave for Mitras House.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
If so, then I'm afraid you are part of the problem.

The first half was the most gutless performance I've seen at the Amex. No pride at all. The reason the team weren't slaughtered was down to a fortunate goal just before the break then a late rally. Not a problem, obviously I'd much rather that than going in 2-0 down.

The second was better, granted. But the fact remains that the team deserved a real dressing down for the shit that they served up today. For the people that had bothered to waste their day off, waste their hard earned cash, the performance that the side put in today was totally unacceptable. A late equaliser merely papered over the cracks.

Best game of the season at the Amex, those who stayed away missed some great entertainment. Sometimes we lose and sometimes we draw, but its in the manner of the result, yesterday we got what we wanted other than the result. A bad start but what a game in the second half, of course I applauded at the end of the game and during it. What s strange post?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
They deserved the applause for the second half performance. They were crap in the first half but turned it around in the second and were unlucky not to win.
I was proud to applaud them off at the end.

Just maybe Nathan Jones gave them a bit of a "Fergie" in the dressing-room at halftime, I listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like an entertaining one. And with your most gutsy player Calderon getting the goal at the end..could be Jones will get the job FFP or no FFP - or FFS come to that...

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Won't bother quoting the OP, much too negativity, and you'll have read it enough times by now.

Yes we did!

Letting in a goal in the first minute, must have been far more demoralising for the team, than for the rest of us, and our disbelief was obvious, from the resulting silence that followed it.

The following 30 minutes were dire as the team tried to overcome the feeling of despair, we all felt. Reading and in particular Murray took full advantage is this, which resulted in their second goal.

I'm not sure why, but just before half time the team appeared to rally, and we managed to score. This and some magic words at half time meant that a different team emerged from the tunnel. Clarke reacted to the pressure and subbed Murray, I can only assume in an effort to hold onto the lead, but this was a big mistake. The team took advantage and after an exciting second half we were rewarded, after much pressure, by Calde's goal.

The future looked brighter to me and I, and very many others had to show our appreciation to the team and to Nathan, who stood his ground, resplendent in his new suit, which must have been ruined by the time of the final whistle.

What happens next we will have to wait and see, but getting behind the team and being positive must be a good way to help our recovery.

Happy new year

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The Albion has been my team for the best part of 50 years, I've applauded them through good and bad times. They are there to entertain me. Sometimes the entertainment leaves me feeling distraught but it's caused a reaction within myself and I applaud them.
The OP's comments have entertained me so I applaud you:wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here