Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you applaud the team off today?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
If so, then I'm afraid you are part of the problem.

The first half was the most gutless performance I've seen at the Amex. No pride at all. The reason the team weren't slaughtered was down to a fortunate goal just before the break then a late rally. Not a problem, obviously I'd much rather that than going in 2-0 down.

The second was better, granted. But the fact remains that the team deserved a real dressing down for the shit that they served up today. For the people that had bothered to waste their day off, waste their hard earned cash, the performance that the side put in today was totally unacceptable. A late equaliser merely papered over the cracks.

Yes of course I did. Have you ever managed people at work before? When people are lacking in confidence you don't go about destroying them further, you try to get the best out of them by giving them encouragement.

Forget how much they get paid. They still can suffer the same confidence issues as you or I and a lot of them are still young.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They deserved the applause for the second half performance. They were crap in the first half but turned it around in the second and were unlucky not to win.
I was proud to applaud them off at the end.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Yes I did....

If you dont like sport, with its changes of fortune and wins and losses, then why not go and watch a film, or go to the ballet? If you believe that its your "right" to see your team win, and win by dominating the opposition every week, otherwise you are going to boo and hiss, then you dont understand football at all. There are 24 clubs in this division, They are all trying to win games. Sometimes, your team just dont win... sometimes they have poor seasons. Booing them because you think they are "not putting in a shift" .. (what? they are not "trying"? You seriously think they go out wanting to lose?) ... is just nonsensical.

Get behind the team ffs! Teams have won and lost games for 120 years... its part of the game. You do not have a right to see a winning team - but you are part of the club, and YOU are part of the problem if you boo players who are already nervous and lacking in confidence.

In my humble opinion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The first half was the most gutless performance I've seen at the Amex. No pride at all. The reason the team weren't slaughtered was down to a fortunate goal just before the break then a late rally. Not a problem, obviously I'd much rather that than going in 2-0 down.

The second was better, granted. But the fact remains that the team deserved a real dressing down for the shit that they served up today. For the people that had bothered to waste their day off, waste their hard earned cash, the performance that the side put in today was totally unacceptable. A late equaliser merely papered over the cracks.

Do you honestly expect the fans to boo off an Albion side that had fought back from 2-0 down, in the pissing rain, with no manager? In the circumstances this was a point gained.

The first half was a shocker but whatever Jones said at half-time worked. The team worked hard, they were dead on their feet at the end and the last time I saw this much commitment at home was the Wigan game almost eight weeks ago.

We have something to cling to, something to build on. Be more positive.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

Christ if you won the lottery the cheque would be the wrong colour!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do you honestly expect the fans to boo off an Albion side that had fought back from 2-0 down, in the pissing rain, with no manager? In the circumstances this was a point gained.

The first half was a shocker but whatever Jones said at half-time worked. The team worked hard, they were dead on their feet at the end and the last time I saw this much commitment at home was the Wigan game almost eight weeks ago.

We have something to cling to, something to build on. Be more positive.

This. And yes, we did.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes I did clap and cheer, more because it was my daughters second game at the Amex, the first one was the sussex cup final (first match at amex) and I wanted her to be excited and she was when we scored her eyes lite up looking around seeing everyone happy and yes we clapped the team off, I wanted to show her what is right before we stood in the bus que for 40mins with the wind lashing the rain down.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Yes I did - first performance with any passion for ages. They looked way better than they have done on the ball and challenged for everything - well worth a clap.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

A side severely lacking in confidence manages to rally from a dreadful first half hour and demonstrate huge amounts of courage and spirit for the first time in weeks and the problem is those that support them? You're off your head mate. The problem is the people who seem to be caught up in a spiral of negativity, whinging at everything the club does like the release of a few extra orange shirts or the constant sniping at people like Jones. With friends like you who needs enemies?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

Oh for Christ sakes, here we go, moan f in moan, why bother going , stay at home, or go and watch a premiership team. So called Supporters like you every club can do without. The idea of supporting is exactly that, support. That means giving encouragment to them when things aren't going too well.

Never mind there will be a new manager soon, and you can give him two games and if we are not top of the league by then you can once again start your silent, not clapping protest and call for his dismissal,

Merry Christmas

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
No. We drew because they took Murray off. Today's performance was worrying. Nothing up front, a midfield that gives the defence no protection and our defenders are accident prone as well.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We only scored because I went to get the beers in..

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
No. We drew because they took Murray off. Today's performance was worrying. Nothing up front, a midfield that gives the defence no protection and our defenders are accident prone as well.

first half I agree with, second half there was effort and it was clear to see more desire in the team. Okay it was not perfect but OP asked if you clapped them off, and for the performance the team put in to get a point was good and better than we have seen for a long while. We should at least take heart that there is something to build on and for new manager to work with. Long way to go, but everything has to start somewhere, hopefully Boxing Day may be the start for us. Let's look forward to 2015

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yep, can't believe anyone has a problem with fans clapping their own team off the pitch. We live in strange times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here