Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did the Palace win win paper over some cracks?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the last two matches are a tale of two keepers in injury time.

One schoolboy error and one world class save was the difference between two points and six.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He will be at Leeds next season,if we don't go up...If we do go up it will be another prem club...There you go,,that's putting my neck on the line and I will come back and tell you i was right..lol.

You put your neck on the line time and time again, and time and time again the sensible majority hack it straight off.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think you could make a strong case for saying it's the best ever Brighton team. With the possible exception of the third season in the top flight, they are playing a vastly superior brand of football to any I have seen including the old Division One. Which is why I'm not really buying Poyet's 'punching above our weight'. We should have more points this season from this squad, and from the way games have gone.

It occurred to me last night when they read the team out for the pre-match cheering ritual that, for almost all of the 30+ years I've watched the Albion, there'd be at the very least 2 or 3 players in the side people would be indifferent about. In last night's starting 11, I'd struggle to find one who would fit the category. For quality throughout, it must be up there with best we've ever fielded.

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
I sometimes find when assessing your own team, considering their prospects and the upcoming matches, it can be easy to have a relatively negative outlook, as despite you knowing where your strengths are, you have a good idea as to where you need to improve too. I think this see's a lot of fans find it difficult to gauge where their team is heading.

So, from the outside looking in, I would say you have nothing to worry about. I know it's pretty tight, but Leicester are in appalling form, their players are swearing at their fans, the manager is looking over his shoulder fearing the sack and their better players are stuck in a rut. Their remaining fixtures include playing yourselves, Bolton, Palace, Watford and us (Forest). There's Birmingham in there too who have hit good form. So one way or another the teams around you will be dropping points, be it Leicester or their opponents.

Bolton are doing well, and on paper perhaps their run in is 'easier'. Yet this still have some teams who will be fighting for points. But for me, I think both you and us will finish above Palace. They are in dreadful form and have a horrible run in, with every team they face needing a win.

For me, I think the play-offs will see Hull, Forest, Brighton & Palace.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Just got in to hear Poyet say he loves being linked to jobs.But until something comes up then he is just thinking play offs...Thanks for that Gus, would have been nice to hear something about the game instead of yourself.

I heard a 4 minute interview on the BBC website, he doesn't mention anything other than the match. Selective hearing for some monotonous agenda driving?
BBC Sport - Brighton 0-0 Charlton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here