Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Tanno show up yesterday?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
He may well have done the right thing by turning up but for me it's all wrong.

He is Poyet's man through and through and shouldn't really be there - it can't help the players having him hanging around after all that's happened.

What we clearly need is a lengthy, drawn out process to get rid of him!!

Or get him to commentate on an Argentina game on TV...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If we wanted to we would have I am sure. He was cleared of all wrong doings, what would be the reasoning behind sacking him currently. Lets keep him doing the job he is paid to do and then get compo if Gus wants him.

Or am totally wrong and on my own here.

Seem to remember there was a case years ago when Steve Gritt and Alan Curbishley were jointly managing Charlton, wasn't it? Then the club sacked Gritt and everyone expected Curbs to go too. But he ended up being one of the most successful managers the Addicks ever had.

I think Gritt went on to manage down the league somewhere...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If we wanted to we would have I am sure. He was cleared of all wrong doings, what would be the reasoning behind sacking him currently. Lets keep him doing the job he is paid to do and then get compo if Gus wants him.

Or am totally wrong and on my own here.

A new manager will bring his own assistant thus Tanno will be sacked.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do trust Bloom, but if you seriously think Taricco will still have a job once we appoint a new manager I think you're going to be proved wrong. He's looking out for his and Gus' interests by turning up for work and I have no problem with that, but there is zero chance of the Albion retaining him beyond the end of next month.

TCB is spot on. I think Tanno and Gus had a conversation and Gus said go for it. He will be holding out for compo when they terminate his contract. Gus and Tanno are a team and Tanno is playing the game as Gus is.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because right now his best mate feels he has been shafted by Brighton, wrongfully sacked!

Well it only takes a mate to say "no, you go in, this is my fight, it shouldn't involve you" and I'd go into work. They are adults, all be it just...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton was involved when Clough and Taylor split. Could same happen to Poyet/Tanno?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
If we have to pay gus off and gus finds another team and wants his mate before we appoint a manager then we would get compo for tanno thus nearly levelling thimgs out!!! very good call mr bloom.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
If we have to pay gus off and gus finds another team and wants his mate before we appoint a manager then we would get compo for tanno thus nearly levelling thimgs out!!! very good call mr bloom.

Not sure it will quite work like that based on the fact we will have a new manager in a few weeks so if Gus did get a job beforehand then he wouldn't call on Tanno immediately but just wait till he was sacked

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It aint rocket science. Tarricco will stay until either he resigns or he gets made redundant (with apprpriate compensation). In the short term he is an assistant manager and will, like it or not, fulfil this role with the interim manager.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tanno may simply be an honest and honourable guy who doesn't like the idea of breaking a contract. This, remember, is a man who offered to tear up his contract with West Ham when he got seriously injured only weeks after signing for them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tanno may simply be an honest and honourable guy who doesn't like the idea of breaking a contract. This, remember, is a man who offered to tear up his contract with West Ham when he got seriously injured only weeks after signing for them.

Didn't just offer, he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here