Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Tanno show up yesterday?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He may well have done the right thing by turning up but for me it's all wrong.

He is Poyet's man through and through and shouldn't really be there - it can't help the players having him hanging around after all that's happened.

What we clearly need is a lengthy, drawn out process to get rid of him!!

He has done entirely the correct thing by turning up to work - he has been cleared of any wrong doing is the assistant manager and the club wanted him to come back to work. If he had not turned up - he would have been in breach of contract and sacked. If he wants to join poyet at a later date i have no problem with that. GOod for him for accepting it all and coming back to work. I would think its good for the players to have a familiar face around.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Because right now his best mate feels he has been shafted by Brighton, wrongfully sacked!

So what, he resigns on principle? Not very likely IMHO, better to stay employed, then get compensation when our new perm manager wants to bring in his own team.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
In that case did the "experienced" interim manager comment/quote signify that Tanno would not be taking charge as the interim in the interim?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I do trust Bloom, but if you seriously think Taricco will still have a job once we appoint a new manager I think you're going to be proved wrong. He's looking out for his and Gus' interests by turning up for work and I have no problem with that, but there is zero chance of the Albion retaining him beyond the end of next month.

Cross purposes then, I don't believe he will be with us but he is right in going back to work. Gus may not want him in his new job if /when he gets one.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Well you've just answered your own question of 'Why will we sack him?' then.

It obviously depends on what happens first out of us getting a new manager and Gus getting a new job, but I would say the odds are heavily stacked in favour of the former, and once that happens we will have to sack him as there is no way the club will want him working under a new man. Of course, if Gus gets a new job before we fill ours then your scenario of Gus' new club paying us compensation is on the cards, but I would be surprised if that happens because we more or less know our next manager will be in place in three weeks and there are no vacancies anywhere for Gus.

Okay, but really can't see us sacking him he has actually done nothing wrong....can we afford more bad press he might resign though.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I really wasn't expecting that.

I suppose he is just fulfilling his contract and he will be off pretty soon, but am still surprised to see him there.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
tell you what, it's great just to see the players back

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
While he has his own contract with the club he is Gus Poyet's right hand man, a new man would bring his own you would have thought

Okay understand that, but he still needs to work I am sure, and what if the new manager wants him (unlikely I know).Hey maybe I am wrong on this one only time will tell I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here