Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did RDZ just secretly confirm Mitoma not going anywhere in the summer?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
not sure I understand the club tweet if there isn’t anything official confirmed, the 👀 emoji could just be based on the speculation picked up I guess

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
not sure I understand the club tweet if there isn’t anything official confirmed, the 👀 emoji could just be based on the speculation picked up I guess
I'm not sure there is much to understand other than the club highlighting RDZ using the word 'secret' at a fun kids event at the Amex. We really don't have to read too much into everything.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
True, but a club of our stature has to face up to the reality that, for all the hot air and soundbites, any BHA player of top quality will always be looking to move on from us.
That's true of every single club except maybe 6 at any given time. Aston Villa sold Grealish for £100m and they are the biggest club in their region. But on the other hand, only 3 or 4 months ago Ale Mac literally ran the World Cup Final for an hour. He played for us then, we've had a transfer window since, and he still plays for us.

We recruit players who aren't dickheads about their contracts, we give them every opportunity to develop and progress here, and we do let them fulfill their dreams elsewhere. The management only ask that they respectfully do their time here. That's why Caicedo was rebuffed but given an improved contract - a nod to the fact he was disappointed not to get a dream move but that we acknowledge how good he is and that he will probably be here until the summer of '24. Unless he doesn't want to, Ale Mac will go in the summer and we will get an obscene fee for him. But after years of being somewhere between good and absolutely outstanding for us, nobody will begrudge him that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know it can give fans a lot of anxiety regarding our best players going, but isn't the reality over the past few years that we are in complete control of our transfer business?

1. Cucurella
With Estupinan coming in, this was surely one of the best bits of business in the whole of the PL, let alone just for us.
2. Ben White
£50m for a versatile CB. We've not struggled in this position though.
3. Bissouma
4 excellent seasons with us, 124 appearances. It was the right time to accept a move for both parties.
4. Trossard
Similar to Yves, 4 excellent seasons, 122 appearances. Reaching his peak age he wanted a move. I think it was the right time for all concerned.

What's that, £170m+ income from an outlay that can't be much more than £40m (I can't be bothered to check...). I think that is a club in control of it's transfer business, allowing players to move on when they've served the club well, or when we've already identified improvements coming in. We saw this with no money was enough to let Caicedo go in January - contract was rock solid.

In that same period coming in, on loan, or breaking into the side we've had:
Caicedo
Mwepu
Mitoma
Estupinan
Colwill
Ferguson
Enciso
Sarmiento
+others

I mean, take your hats off, because to say contracts are worthless - not sure TB would agree...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let’s face it. Player and manager contracts are hardly worth the paper they’re written on anyway. Doesn’t matter how long or lucrative a players contract is if another club bowl along offering gazillions, the player will go.
I know.

It was just so frustrating when Caicedo refused to honour his contract at Brighton, and bullied the club into letting him go to a bigger club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I hope managers aren't going to get the idea that there should be rounds of applause in press conferences.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Teams are doubling up against him and he's struggling. Buonanotte is not (yet) threatening enough on the other wing so they pile on Mitoma.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Not been the same since the FAC game. Maybe he loves it here so much he doesn’t want to look too good so he can stay. 😁

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would help if our players stopped running into his space. Nearly got us a pen in first half but overall poor tonight

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What I don’t understand is why when his opponent has clearly spent the last x days focusing on stopping him and is having some success, e.g. today and AWB for Utd, why don’t we switch him to the other wing? Try something different, anything today.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
I thought he had a good first half, put quite a few good crosses in. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't start v.Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here