Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone see the barmy lesbian letter in the "Argus" yesterday..

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
...anyone who disagrees about the impact of post colonialism on modern corruption in Africa (A very specific topic, I know. Relevant to my area of research, as I dispute the idea colonialism allowed for corruption as opposed to greed).

Without being an expert on the subject, i always assumed the relative power vacuum (by dismantling of the previous governance) heavily contributes to who rises in power - the greedy, and therefore corruption. Not quite sure what that has to do with racism though?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Just wondered what "Kristy" stands for, "Cristabel"? Or couldn't she spell Kirsty?

Would be nice to have an "open" lesbian on here to comment.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Just wondered what "Kristy" stands for, "Cristabel"? Or couldn't she spell Kirsty?

Would be nice to have an "open" lesbian on here to comment.

I've always assumed that it is short for [My Parents Can't Spell Kirsty So My Name Is] Kristy

Much in the same way I understand that Derren Brown (of C4 fame) has parents who can't spell Darren.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Only just heard about the family antics of the "Queen of Shops" Mary Portas and her "wife". If she isn't a shining example of "lesbian chic", who is?

I actually was present 5 years ago at a Local Government Conference in London when she told us all about her cures for the "Death of the High Street", total claptrap which anyone with commonsense could have come up with.

But hey, we're not all lesbian media darlings hobnobbing with Prime Ministers and with TV shows. And hey, for many years a media darling hobnobbing with Prime Ministers with a TV show was...JS...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Without being an expert on the subject, i always assumed the relative power vacuum (by dismantling of the previous governance) heavily contributes to who rises in power - the greedy, and therefore corruption. Not quite sure what that has to do with racism though?

You're quite right, but it also important to note corruption happens in every sector or every society even those of colonial powers. It's not enough to just blame racism and colonialism, there's a deeper and possibly psychoanalytical perspective that ought to be considered.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I see a report on the BBC says most suicides are by men. Perhaps she can try to balance that statistic as well

Well the BBC certainly paid out more money last Friday in the News Show on Radio 4 to its resident muffmunchers.

Toksvig and Calman certsainly set the studio alight with their buzzing vib- sorry repartee, only slightly distracted by a male member of the panel who appeared to have over-indulged in the "Green Room", one Bob Mills.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Well the BBC certainly paid out more money last Friday in the News Show on Radio 4 to its resident muffmunchers.

Toksvig and Calman certsainly set the studio alight with their buzzing vib- sorry repartee, only slightly distracted by a male member of the panel who appeared to have over-indulged in the "Green Room", one Bob Mills.

Bob mills. Only known for fighting talk and his thinly disguised snobbery on in bed with me dinner.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone who thinks Lesbians are under represented in society should come and spend a few hours here in South Portslade.

In unrelated news I'm thinking of opening a carpet shop. And an outsize fruiterers.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Anyone who thinks Lesbians are under represented in society should come and spend a few hours here in South Portslade.

In unrelated news I'm thinking of opening a carpet shop. And an outsize fruiterers.

According to the "Daily Mail" last Thursday your average cucumber, carrot or whatever would only need to be 5.16". But judging by the ads which used to be in some of the mags I used to be given to read a few years ago, ladies aren't really happy with fruit and veg less than a foot long. Strangely the "Mail" didn't go into THAT part (of the discussion).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I love the news quiz. Best show on my podcast!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You did say on a specific thread about Bob Mills in 2013 that "he always sounds drunk". Is that because he always is...

Quite possibly...although to be fair so does Johnny Vegas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here