Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone see the barmy lesbian letter in the "Argus" yesterday..

Jan 30, 2008
a woman called "kristy lewis" wrote an amazing whinge about lesbians in the letters column in the "argus" on wednesday. What planet is she on?

Yes i know, the one beyond saturn...

Seriously i'm not surprised it was an "address supplied".

Can we please have some "homophobic equality" (her words) chanting from now on?
is she a giver or taker ???
regards
DR

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Lesbians are not a firm entity...they are as individual as anyone else, some I've met are funny, witty, friendly.....but I've also met a couple of obvious men haters - so its never wise to generalise.

I reckon Ms Lewis was just having one of those days......you know the sort - you tap your pipe against the heel of your stout brogues, and the stem breaks.:hilton:

Do they have them every month, or is that sexist? Presumably gay men don't..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I have never understood this, if Lesbians hate men so much, why do some of them want to dress/look like us?

THere was a Polish film made a few years ago, where two blokes get shot years into the future to find that men have been bred out of existence, but loads of women have taken to resemble men. That's pretty well how a lot of lesbian bars look now isn't it?

Needless to say the men "redeem" themselves.. a bit like Barbarella gets redeemed.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think it's very revealing over the differences between men and women, that at a strippers show for women I understand any simulated sex acts between male performers is absolutely verboten whilst for male audiences a bit of female interplay is almost a requirement.

I must say that having watched some g-o-g action it certainly has a "stimulating" effect..

D

Deleted User X18H

Judging by the standard of the writing, I wouldn't be surprised if its another 'hilarious' HB&B alter ego like Paul Valley.

1) It is said people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones . The same applies to WH Smith!

2) I didn't realise the Argus was still going .

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Quite right, here in Lincoln, there was a complaint about the number of males on International Relations program, the IR program is the smallest of all departments, let alone the Social and Political Sciences. Despite half of the lecturers being women, the feminists from the 'Women's liberation' group complained.

We aren't quite sure what they expect us to do, there's more women on the politics course than the international relations course but that's because politics is a bit more mainstream.

They also labelled a female student anti-woman because she disagreed with banning things like page 3, because of freedom of choice.

The reality is modern feminism isn't about advancing women's rights, more to bring men's rights down to the same level. Appalling inferences and screamining mysgonist at anyone who disagrees is the modern feminist approach. It is also increasingly a central-leftist approach, I have noticed a lot more people who describe themself as a leftist scream racist at anyone who disagrees about the impact of post colonialism on modern corruption in Africa (A very specific topic, I know. Relevant to my area of research, as I dispute the idea colonialism allowed for corruption as opposed to greed).

A 'womens liberation' society at a university is hardly a representative sample of 'modern feminists'. They are always a select few of very militant feminists who actively look for trouble to justify their funding.

What you are talking about is extreme feminism, and just like any extreme ideology they will disagree with anything and everything that doesn't fit their extremely specific and entrenched view of the world.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Someone will probably report this post and you'll get an infraction. That will be a shame because this is a funny post.

Ha. I thought that after I'd pressed 'enter' for the post.

I'm sure one easily offended left-wing, overly liberal, tree-hugging, green supporting, gay-rights protesting, sexual equality enthusiast will report it.

I did '*' some of the letters out to cover myself though.
Don't want to upset Google.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was totally at odds trying to think to myself, what does she want for Lesbians?

My conclusion was that it can only be notoriety. For years Lesbian's have had for the most part ''acceptance''. Even when homosexuality was illegal for gay men, it was not illegal for gay women.

I get the impression she now feels marginalised that gay men now being more openly accepted within society and it being openly written about, it seems that she would like to see acceptance of Lesbian women being openly written about in the modern day press. She is correct that it is not written about as often and that is probably because there are a lot less previous wrongs that need to be corrected.

I hope her letter brings about the notoriety that she craves for herself and other Lesbians; however, I can't help but think that a lot of other Lesbians may be thinking that they do not want the notoriety because Gay Women by their very nature are not as flamboyant as gay men and do not seek the limelight in the same way that gay men do.

So I hope she gets what she wants but by the same token as soon as you throw a spotlight on to someone or something then you can be sure that spotlight then brings to light the ''warts and all'' You only need to look at people who hit the media on things like X-Factor or Big Brother. All the press starts out with the sweet as pie stuff and before you know it within weeks we are reading about their uncles or cousins who are convicted drug dealers or paedophiles.

Good luck to you Madam but be careful what you wish for.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ha. I thought that after I'd pressed 'enter' for the post.

I'm sure one easily offended left-wing, overly liberal, tree-hugging, green supporting, gay-rights protesting, sexual equality enthusiast will report it.

I did '*' some of the letters out to cover myself though.
Don't want to upset Google.

Makes sense now , knowing you left a * out.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Judging by the standard of the writing, I wouldn't be surprised if its another 'hilarious' HB&B alter ego like Paul Valley.

Whenever you comment on an article that you don't agree with you jump in with you very predictive "grammar/standard of writing" rather than comment on the the actual content of what the piece is about.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whenever you comment on an article that you don't agree with you jump in with you very predictive "grammar/standard of writing" rather than comment on the the actual content of what the piece is about.

Who said I disagree with the content of the article?

Also, the word would be 'predictable' not 'predictive'. :wink:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Who said I disagree with the content of the article?

Also, the word would be 'predictable' not 'predictive'. :wink:

Bugger, can't even claim i was using a phone with predictive text :blush:

But to be predictable is to be predictive is it not?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So should we be singing "Does your girlfriend know you're here" and "You are most definitely ugly enough to be gay" at the next game just so she can untwist her dungarees?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
She wants people to talk about lesbians and we are so she should be a bit happier now. I wonder if she's a hot lezzer or a butch one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here