Dick Knight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Didn't realise his autobiography is out in November. Is there a thread ? Wonder if they will stock in the shop....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm keeping my eyes open and not blindly accepting everything the club says. I don't feel comfortable with the changes to Albion In The Community especially when the planning permission for the stadium was for the Community work as much as for the football. Perhaps if you read the previous 195 posts you may get a feel of it.

Is there any indication anything will happen to AITC? Wouldn't surprise me if Peter Godfrey headed it up

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And those shouting loudest, seem to be what I'd call the old boys club, who embarrassingly at times were very cliquey and 'ITK'

If you're referring to ROSM & Lord Bracknell, they gave up hours & hours working with the club, on a voluntary basis, to try to get planning permission for our lovely stadium. I am not an old boy nor have I ever been in a clique.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you're referring to ROSM & Lord Bracknell, they gave up hours & hours working with the club, on a voluntary basis, to try to get planning permission for our lovely stadium. I am not an old boy nor have I ever been in a clique.

Not those 2 who put in a monumental effort to save this club, but more the "middle of the roaders" that hung around the edges

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'm keeping my eyes open and not blindly accepting everything the club says. I don't feel comfortable with the changes to Albion In The Community especially when the planning permission for the stadium was for the Community work as much as for the football. Perhaps if you read the previous 195 posts you may get a feel of it.

I'm starting to. Maybe you are asking too many question (like me at the moment). You can find hdden things in everything if you look hard enough. I think im one of the blind followers at the moment. I just can't see what Tony has done wrong. It will be interesting to see if Gus wins his appeal, and if AITC suffers from any changes that seems to be on the cards. Maybe then I might see Bloom doing things wrong. I think AITC is really important.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He didnt have that much money to give and was subsidised by many wealthy benefactors, so that statement isnt exactly 100% true.. Yes he gave a lot in terms of time and dedication

Totally incorrect. You have no knowledge ... just guessing and you got it wrong.

Knight was worth barely a few £m in houses/cash, and lent with no guarantee of getting anything back, almost everything he had that was disposable and it was over £1m. All off his own back. With one or 2 others joining in, in that early and risky stage.

Later on, others eg Norman Cook and TB, were equally as generous.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Do you think its over now that Gus has gone and Dick has even less to do with the club now, and Tony is happy?

Not quite, but it will be soon. and you can take that as you will.

I'd like Tony and Dick to be friends. Heck. I'd settle for them staying together for the sake of us kids. But I fear it's irretrievable and could get worse.

Is there anyone out there who could rekindle the spirit that fueled the fight against Archer and the battle for Falmer? Maybe it's Fatboy - he's the only person I can think of with the stature to make both sides sit down and take notice.

Failing that, maybe we'll have to start letter-writing campaigns again. To the club this time.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
It's mostly true. It's what isn't being said that warrants my comment.

"Since standing down as chairman of the football club, he has continued his involvement with Brighton & Hove Albion both as club President and as Chairman of AITC." Yep. Is that ALL that Tony Bloom has to say?

Can we show LB some respect ? I will tell you what, LB battled tirelessly for Falmer and absolutely tore Anne De Vecchi a new one when he DESTROYED LDC in the enquiry. He did regular updates in the Withdean match programmes about the progress. Pretty much gave his life and soul into it and he is a MASSIVE reason why we even got permission for Falmer in the first place. He is too modest to say this, so I will. RESPECT LB and those that gave so much when we were in our Darkest hour and NO ONE should ever forget this.

I am not getting into this thread other than to say it is for the reasons US stated above that i pass my eternal gratitude to LB.

LB Thank you.

Sergei.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not quite, but it will be soon. and you can take that as you will.

I'd like Tony and Dick to be friends. Heck. I'd settle for them staying together for the sake of us kids. But I fear it's irretrievable and could get worse.

Is there anyone out there who could rekindle the spirit that fueled the fight against Archer and the battle for Falmer? Maybe it's Fatboy - he's the only person I can think of with the stature to make both sides sit down and take notice.

Failing that, maybe we'll have to start letter-writing campaigns again. To the club this time.

That post concerns me.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There are proper ways and means of doing things. It is possible to modernise and improve the professionalism of a club without waving goodbye to class and decency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports