Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick knight

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Perhaps it's something for fans to do. Find a sculptor, get a preliminary proposal together, taking guidance from the sculptor as to subject matter, location etc. Then put it to a vote with fans, here, Facebook, in the program etc. If sufficient interest is there, then a campaign to raise the money to do it. TB doesn't have to spend anything.
That is exactly the way to do it IMHO

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Knight came in at the start but he did not have the cash to finish the job,he stayed on and we were almost relegated, a small bust in the bar would be appropriate.
Bloom deserves to have a stand named in his honour

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bloom is to modest to have a statue of himself at the ground. Knight would pay for his own statue if Bloom were to allow him to put it up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bloom is to modest to have a statue of himself at the ground. Knight would pay for his own statue with the 1983 Cup Final money he salted away if Bloom were to allow him to put it up.

Edited for accuracy

D

Deleted member 2719

Dick Knight saves the football club and spends a decade of his life laboriously working with nothing, bringing us home to Withdean and then to the promised land of Falmer, winning four trophies in the process.

...and you think Tony deserves a statue because he's rich :facepalm:

Perhaps Chelsea and City should have statues of Roman and the Sheikhs respectively

Slight difference between Roman/Sheikhs and Bloom, the blooms have been around the Albion for years and i would back him as a true Albion fan unlike Roman/sheikhs.

Sometimes money talks and without TB we would be truly f*cked. The mans is a legend.

Anyway i don't reckon TB would want a statue of himself, where as Dick would probably want one on every side of the stadium and probably put them on sell in the shop.

He just isn't my cup of tea i prefer a man who just get on with it and doesn't feel the need to say look at me all the time.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That could end up being a bit gay though, don't you think?

I want to see a great big Dick in BRONZE just next to a slightly smaller Tony.

I would like to see a big bronze statue of Dick, sitting in a rockiing chair fingering the string from his spectacles with little Tony Bloom perched on his Knee gazing into his mentor's eyes and wispering poem's of gratitude for saving his beloved toy! *

* expects this to be edited into many different scenario's!!........i thank you goodnight!

brightonmike

May 26, 2010
Dick Knight of will hold a Question & Answer session in the Whitehawk FC clubhouse before the Boxing Day game against Hastings.
Q & A 11am
KO 12noon

Reasons to consider coming along ... (apart from the good competitive football ... the food ... the drink ...)

- It's Dick Knight
- No Albion game on Boxing Day
- See Whitehawk take on Hastings -as they prepare for Middlesbrough in the FA Cup

All welcome, hope to see you at the Whitehawk Enclosed Ground, off Wilson Avenue, Whitehawk.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Definitely.

Where would we be without Tony Bloom? "In serious trouble..."

Where would we be without Dick Knight? "We wouldn't have a club to be in serious trouble..."

I sort of agree with Voroshilov about the no statue of Dick Knight (or any individual for that matter). If - IF - there had to be a statue (and of course, there doesn't have to be one at all), I would rather it was a symbolic piece of art - representing, say, a soaring seagull or... something.

Now that is sense,as much as I know what DK put into to club and TB and as much as I have gratitude to both of them. We have Dicks Bar and a TB lounge...but no man is bigger than the club...yes I realise that both men saved the club....but a statue of a soaring seagull would be showing that the club is on the way up.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Return of the Rev is spot on (never thought I'd say that!). If we have a statue/sculpture at the Amex, it needs to be a tribute to the fans that campaigned to keep us alive, to bring us home to Brighton and then to get us a wonderful new stadium. Dick Knight and Tony Bloom are legends, but our fans - more than any other set of fans in the top two leagues - have fought harder and endured more to be where they are.

Maybe its just the Christmas spirt (port) running through my veins, but I ruddy love all of you. Xx

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
A fans united sculpture representing various fans together:ohmy:

And give opposition fans ammunition? saying that we are all just plastics who support other teams first? - No thanks

How about a sculpture of the goal posts being torn down during the then abandoned game York game?

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe its just the Christmas spirt (port) running through my veins, but I ruddy love all of you. Xx

F88k off you don't even know me.................................mmmmmmmmm...may just get the Remy out.

:whisky:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We should have this bloke on a Phoenix from the roof of a building in Cadiz. They won't miss it they have plenty in the City.

P1000072.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here