[Albion] Dick Knight stripped of BHAFC presidency for 10 games

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When you are in such an elevated position you have a responsibility to act professionally, with dignity and always in the best interests of the club. He helped save the club but that was then, and we have moved on to bigger and better things. He can’t handle that and comes across as bitter, angry and willing to explode and bully any poor unsuspecting person in his way if things don’t go his way.
People in such positions must set and demonstrate the highest standards.

If he’s not careful his behaviour will tarnish the high regard for which he is held for his efforts prior to our move to the Amex.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
When you are in such an elevated position you have a responsibility to act professionally, with dignity and always in the best interests of the club. He helped save the club but that was then, and we have moved on to bigger and better things. He can’t handle that and comes across as bitter, angry and willing to explode and bully any poor unsuspecting person in his way if things don’t go his way.

If he’s not careful his behaviour will tarnish the high regard for which he is held for his efforts prior to our move to the Amex.
What a load of crud. The bloke is in his mid 80s. "....we have moved on...." feck off.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry but wtf?

Yeah Bloom is the Knight In Shining Armour (pun intended) but Dick Knight is a fecking angel sent from heaven. What a sad and ridiculous situation.

*and I say this after being at Hove station 5-6 years ago when he had trouble with his train ticket and blew his fuse. Nothing more than being a normal easily cranky octogenarian imho (you should see my old man!).
I like the bloke and think he did little if any wrong but he only got two arms IMO

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Paul Barber was filmed swearing at an employee like that could you imagine the outrage ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Nonsense

As others have pointed out here if we applied the same rule to managers they would spent their whole time banned !!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Hugely disproportionate response if the club had not taken this action most would not even know what had happened and those that do probably do not care.

Unless the Albion staff have complained about his behaviour then should have just been left alone.

That said my main disappointment with the statement is the lack of mention of any besmirching

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

If I was being shipped around from pillar to post due to a valid non-scanning ticket, I think I'D be pretty cheesed off as well.

"We've moved on to bigger and better things" - this ignores the fact that none of these bigger and better things we are now experiencing would ever have happened, were it not for him. You might consider that to be "all in the past", but I'm conscious of it every time I rock up at that glorious stadium that saved our future.

Banning him for 10 games is infinitely more embarrassing for the club than the incident itself, which just looked like a storm in a teacup. I'd already forgotten about it, until it all got raked up again tonight. I'm quite sure Brentford FC didn't call for Dick to be dealt with, so this is someone within the club who has taken it upon himself to publically punish him. Its dispicable.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

What a load of sanctimonious old bollocks.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry, but banning the saviour of BHAFC over a petty inconsequential incident with a ticket that wouldn't scan is a f***ing DISGRACE. Absolutely shameful by the club. I'm quite disgusted by this.

Shameful.
We don't really know how the discussions between DK and the club went do we? He says in his statement 'agreeing to step aside from his role for 10 games' you call it 'banning'. I'm not going to pretend I know how that went, but the statement seems pretty sincere, and perhaps Dick offered to step aside? Perhaps he was genuinely embarrassed. I don't know. Do you know the club just banned him and forced a statement from him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports