Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Dick Tight (Up The ARS)

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we hadn't won back to back championships I don't think anybody would be expecting wads of cash spent on players in order to secure a swift promotion to division 1.
I don't really care how much we spend as long as the club remains financially secure, we don't get relegated and efforts for Falmer are not compromised.
However, I do expect Knight to deliver Falmer in the next 3 years, and if we're still in division 2 by then, I reckon we'll be on our way upwards on the back of average gates of 17,000 (pissing on "massive" Cardiff incidentally) and then I will expect the board to release money in order to accomplish this as we'll have no problem attracting high calibre players at that point in time.

Until then, I think we need to be patient and consoliate as (at best) a divs 2/1 yoyo club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Only a fool or a romantic would risk investing millions in a business that is losing money hand over fist, has no major assets and no guarenteed future.

DK is one of us, has stood on the terraces and is happy to let people come in with money, but not in a similar vein to Archer

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I asked before, never been answered, but who the will step in and take over? Who has the passion and love for the Albion and has the dosh to take over, put time and effort into Falmer? No names have ever been put forward.

I agree with both Simster on his outlook for the future and EP's thoughts about DK. The fella is one of us, he stands on the mythical terraces with us, without him and the others on the Board this club would've ceased to play football a long time ago.

Grizz

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
El Presidente said:
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Only a fool or a romantic would risk investing millions in a business that is losing money hand over fist, has no major assets and no guarenteed future.

DK is one of us, has stood on the terraces and is happy to let people come in with money, but not in a similar vein to Archer

Agreed. We don't exactly see a line of wealthy tycoons queueing up to buy the club do we?

(Bet that will change, once the ground is approved!)

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Blackadder said:
Agreed. We don't exactly see a line of wealthy tycoons queueing up to buy the club do we?

(Bet that will change, once the ground is approved!)

Yet another reason to hope the ground is approved then! :lolol:

The thought of no investment in the team for the next few years =:eek:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There really is little point spending pot-loads of cash while we are still stuck at Withdean. The income is piffling and could never sustain it.

The frugal way is best at the moment and we have the perfect manager to deal with it.

I've no complaints whatsoever about the way DK is running the club at the moment. Falmer is the key to unlock the cash, not just from Dick, but from other sources too.

Please don't let anyone who calls themselves a Brighton fan have to admit that they haven't written a letter to John Prescott. It is your duty, as it is DKs to get the best advisers on the team for the enquiry.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
berkshire seagull said:
Keep the faith for how long mmmm!
Just how many more years do we have to suffer thats the question?:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What are you talking about? We've won 2 titles in 3 years. You sound like a f***ing Spurs fan.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Simster said:
What are you talking about? We've won 2 titles in 3 years. You sound like a f***ing Spurs fan.
er how about struggling to get tickets to go to home games and away games in a lot of cases.:salute:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Make your mind up. Are you whinging about Dick Knight not spending any money (as I was led to believe by your earlier post on this thread) or are you moaning about not being able to get in?

Everybody knows the ground situation is crap, but in case you hadn't noticed, Dick Knight appears to be trying to recify that situation. As for away games, we do have a large following - yet I still maintain that you could count on one hand the number of away games that you couldn't get in to see last season.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This subject has been annoying me daily for the past couple of months. Yes, i may be on a comedown, but i still love Mr Dick. I'm tired of people moaning about a situation they don't seem interested in changing. If you just want to have something to moan about, then far enough, but please admit it so we don't have to go through this tiresome rigmarole of having to try and convince idiots that Dick knight has safeguarded our future and is trying his hardest to make things better.
How many strikes of our keyboards do we waste with this nonsense? We could be talking about nudes or giant peanuts.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I personally would hate to see Dick Knight squander loads of cash in the pursuit of promotion this year, it would be a complete waste and put the whole club at risk.

I would like a little investment though as the sums dont seem to be adding up to me. Kitson, Brooker, and Beasant gone and Blackwell and Rodger on much reduced wages. £75K available for Sidwell that has now vanished! In my book that means there is quite alot to play with and were not seeing any money spent so far.

I also think it was Dick Knights fault we were relegated last season but can forgive him based on the previous 2 seasons successes.

The best thing that could happen in my opinion is that Zamora is sold and money made availabe to Coppell for improvements all over the pitch, but fear that Dick would nick the cash for Falmer.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
18 months ago dick told us on southtoday we would be in our ground in 2 years.
Still haven't budged and nothing has changed,so he looks to be at least 4-5 years out at least from his speech.
Planning for this planning for that and still no good news mmmm.

No point in blabbing on i guess as we will be at the withdean for many years.
:shootself :shootself :shootself :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

E Block Ernie

Jul 5, 2003
Jenny's Star Bar
berkshire seagull said:
18 months ago dick told us on southtoday we would be in our ground in 2 years.
Still haven't budged and nothing has changed,so he looks to be at least 4-5 years out at least from his speech.
Planning for this planning for that and still no good news mmmm.

No point in blabbing on i guess as we will be at the withdean for many years.
:shootself :shootself :shootself :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyone who believes that small time tinpot dictator needs their head testing.
All he has delivered in 6 years of being chairman is bullshit and lies.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Ernie aren't u getting a little paranoid my son? Beach Hut and El Pres can't both be Dick Knight, unless they have multiple personalities like you?

Berkshire - get a season ticket like I did, u know it makes sense.

Obtaining a new stadium is an incremental process, especially in a land sensitive area like the Downs. Inevitably it will cost money, but hopefully the Autumn will see a resolution to this issue.

As to players: Kuipers, Cullip, Carpenter, Zamora and Rodger are still key men, and they're still ours.

Trust Coppell to invest the rest wisely, although in my heart I still hope he brings in 'the Rouge'.

As for Knight, time will, as always, tell. His only mistake has been caution on the managerial front. Would you rather he'd gone for a big time charlie who came in and blew all our money? We might still have gone down.

:glare:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
E Block Ernie said:
Anyone who believes that small time tinpot dictator needs their head testing.
All he has delivered in 6 years of being chairman is bullshit and lies.

good to see your face at last ernie. i recognise you now, i saw you a while back talking about the jam with richie morris. i knew you were good mates:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here