Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] DeZerbi post 22/23

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well I've just read that Chris Sutton says RDZ WILL take the Spurs job if he's offered it. If so Spurs would be insane not to offer it to him wouldn't they?

Christ it's going to be a shite close season with all these allegedly in the know pundits, who almost certainly know nothing other than what the voices in their heads tell them, in order to get more clicks.
Did you hear that little section on 606?

It was priceless! The Albion fan who rang in and Robbie Savage completely owned Sutton with his Spurs 'big club' nonsense talk.

The best bit regarding Spurs came from the Albion fan. To paraphrase....' well they took a quality player in Bissouma and turned him into a donkey for starters. Why would anyone want to go to Spurs at the moment?' :lolol:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I very much doubt RDZ is going anywhere, let alone the basket case that is Spurs.

De Zerbi clearly values his working environment and ours is much better than Spurs. In fairness we are the better side right now. It was very instructive that Roberto sanctioned the departure of his own recruitment guy having been convinced by the club that we know what we are doing when it comes to seeking out new talent. It is fair to say RDZ is very happy with the players he has to work with. Tottenham are totally reliant on Kane now, without him they'd be mid-table, even with him they fail to seriously challenge for actual silverware.

That's not say at some point De Zerbi will not fancy a new challenge elsewhere, but it will be one of his choosing for reasons other than money.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Well I've just read that Chris Sutton says RDZ WILL take the Spurs job if he's offered it. If so Spurs would be insane not to offer it to him wouldn't they?

Christ it's going to be a shite close season with all these allegedly in the know pundits, who almost certainly know nothing other than what the voices in their heads tell them, in order to get more clicks.
If Sutton says he WILL take the Spurs job he was probably told that by Levy, who is desperately trying to convince himself that it's true. Many of us, including me, were,wrong about Potter, however. We naively convinced ourselves that he would want to continue his "project" at Brighton and not whore himself out at the first possible opportunity.
Let's hope the Robero is cut from different cloth.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If Sutton says he WILL take the Spurs job he was probably told that by Levy, who is desperately trying to convince himself that it's true. Many of us, including me, were,wrong about Potter, however. We naively convinced ourselves that he would want to continue his "project" at Brighton and not whore himself out at the first possible opportunity.
Let's hope the Roberto is cut from different cloth.
2nd, he turned down Spurs

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£50m for White and £62m for the Chelsea Dreamer indicates we get top dollar plus. I reckon £80m+for Ali and £90m+ for Moises.
Nope - still over-optmistic. Still, you won't change your opinion, and neither will I. We'll just have to agree to wait and see.

It will be 'undisclosed', by the way! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope the Robero is cut from different cloth.
Even RDZ would have his work cut out with that bloated prima donna squad. He’d need to be stupid to take that job as whomever ends up there is not going to turn it around quickly, Chelsea is a project that has a six month time limit, tops, but with enough money not to have to work again.. Poisoned chalice for someone with a massive ego. Get Mourinho back :smile:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did you hear that little section on 606?

It was priceless! The Albion fan who rang in and Robbie Savage completely owned Sutton with his Spurs 'big club' nonsense talk.

The best bit regarding Spurs came from the Albion fan. To paraphrase....' well they took a quality player in Bissouma and turned him into a donkey for starters. Why would anyone want to go to Spurs at the moment?' :lolol:
Anybody got a link to this section of 606? Pretty please.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I do too.

Our annual accounts model looks like:
Income £174m
Costs -£212m
Operating loss -£38m

Profit in player trading (2021/22 example) +£62m

Bottom line profit £24m

We need £38m of player profits per annum just to break even.
I was just reading that Wolves might lose Lopetegui as FFP rules are such that a team cannot make a loss of 105 mill over three seasons, a number Wolves are perilously close to after two. In a statement accompanying our most recent accounts, PB says that we lost over 100 mill in the 2 seasons before 2021/22. Were we flying far too close to the sun for a moment there (are we always?), or are there loans from Uncle T that don't count toward this totting up? Do you know?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I very much doubt RDZ is going anywhere, let alone the basket case that is Spurs.

De Zerbi clearly values his working environment and ours is much better than Spurs. In fairness we are the better side right now. It was very instructive that Roberto sanctioned the departure of his own recruitment guy having been convinced by the club that we know what we are doing when it comes to seeking out new talent. It is fair to say RDZ is very happy with the players he has to work with. Tottenham are totally reliant on Kane now, without him they'd be mid-table, even with him they fail to seriously challenge for actual silverware.

That's not say at some point De Zerbi will not fancy a new challenge elsewhere, but it will be one of his choosing for reasons other than money.

Spurs are hiring the title winning Feyenoord manager.

RDZ was never on their radar.

Apparently.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was just reading that Wolves might lose Lopetegui as FFP rules are such that a team cannot make a loss of 105 mill over three seasons, a number Wolves are perilously close to after two. In a statement accompanying our most recent accounts, PB says that we lost over 100 mill in the 2 seasons before 2021/22. Were we flying far too close to the sun for a moment there (are we always?), or are there loans from Uncle T that don't count toward this totting up? Do you know?
There is a difference between the loss reported in the accounts and the loss for FFP purposes (as certain "healthy" expenditure, such as on the youth academy and infrastructure, is allowable for FFP purposes).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

TB over 13 years to May 2022 had injected £210m on the operating/playing side.

The £216m for infrastructure doesn’t form part of FFP calculations.

I don’t think we were ever close to FFP monitering.

The £210m is relative chicken feed to the money pumped into, for example, at:
Everton £709m (£703m from owners & £174m from banks, less £168m on the new stadium).
Fulham £643m

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spurs are hiring the title winning Feyenoord manager.

RDZ was never on their radar.

Apparently.
Shock. Made up nonsense all over the Internet - never!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is a difference between the loss reported in the accounts and the loss for FFP purposes (as certain "healthy" expenditure, such as on the youth academy and infrastructure, is allowable for FFP purposes).

There’s leeway for lockdowns too in the calculations. Those two years mentioned happened to be in the Pandemic where most clubs were hit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Chris Sutton is just churning out the lazy line - "Spurs are a bigger club. What have Brighton ever won?" etc etc. That is irrelevant. Which club has the more potential to win things in the future is the more relevant question. It isn't Spurs.
At Sassuolo RDZ was desperately disappointed that they missed out on European football twice, the second time on GD that he took the Shahktar job.

Reading between the lines, or maybe it's obvious, but I think RDZ is driven by his ideology, one of transforming non starlet players into trophy winners through his coaching and tactical systems can be realised with Brighton.

Make no bones about it, while we're all happy just to be in it, he'll want to win it!

He can't win it at Spurs though can he...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here