Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] DeZerbi post 22/23

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was watching yesterday and mid-way through the second half I thought to myself: this is the best I've ever seen any team play;
Albion or not. It was like watching a pub team getting toyed with.
I can only quote one of the the Chelsea fans I was chatting to on the tube after the game….’****ing hell, you absolutely battered us. 2-1 flatters us, should have been 5 or 6….best away performance I’ve seen in years at the Bridge’.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think the culture in the club and that the whole club is rewarded for success does to a degree play a factor in the next few years. If we win a trophy and get into Europe there will be huge bonuses paid out.

Rewarding staff for their collective performance is a great way of keeping everyone hungry.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I do too.

Our annual accounts model looks like:
Income £174m
Costs -£212m
Operating loss -£38m

Profit in player trading (2021/22 example) +£62m

Bottom line profit £24m

We need £38m of player profits per annum just to break even.

Unless we can increase our turnover by 50m a year we are always going to need to sell a player or two. Regardless of what happens on the pitch our revenue steams have a ceiling.

It's also worth remembering that when we offer an improved contract it comes at considerable cost. We have some very talented players who probably earn much, much than fringe players at bigger clubs. Players like Fergusson and Enciso will quite rightly look for more lucrative contracts soon fir example.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do too.

Income £174m
Costs -£212m
Operating loss -£38m

Bottom line profit £24m

This is so depressing to me. We are one of the better run clubs but with all the money in football we still operate at a loss without selling players to balance the books.

Surely as a group the Premier League would be wise to sit down and discuss player wages and getting them under control?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I do too.

Income £174m
Costs -£212m
Operating loss -£38m

Bottom line profit £24m

Finishing 4th instead of 9th is worth about £11M in extra payment from Premier League merit payment, plus £14M from Champions League to start with. I read somewhere the TB has insurance on the bonuses that would be payable for achieving that too.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
I do too.

Income £174m
Costs -£212m
Operating loss -£38m

Bottom line profit £24m

Income of £174 million.. I think our fanbase has doubled if not trebled in the last 2 years.. income will surely go up!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
About time! Just hope you're joining NSC has come in time to prevent you ruining the education of dozens of young children! :lolol:
Those in glass houses …

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Income of £174 million.. I think our fanbase has doubled if not trebled in the last 2 years.. income will surely go up!
Gate receipts, etc -- match day stuff -- are a decreasing slice of revenue, the further up the leagues you go.
More fans = more licensed apparel, and such, but there's nothing like the gold mine for overseas licensing and sales the Real English Football Clubs™ can expect.
So revenue goes up, but it won't double, or treble, either.
And the state-owned clubs have, for all practical purposes, bottomless cheque books.

Newcastle could just as well play in an empty stadium, the bums in seats are just a studio audience for broadcasting purposes.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's a good question and i don't know the answer. I look at the way we play yesterday and think De Zerbi is the best thing to happen to this football club aside from Bloom's bank account, and I'm not really sure how we can keep him. Just got to enjoy it
I think he might actually be the best thing to have happened to English football for a very long time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ENJOY THE MOMENT
Exactly, this close season is going to be the worst ever as we try to stave off rape and pillage of players and manager, guaranteed.

I am going to lap up the last few games before this happens, win, lose, draw and hopefully qualify for Europe in some form.

We’ll have all summer to wet the bed

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Surely with our influx of Japanese tourists our match day income has tripled?

To the original question things maybe stretched a bit more than predicted but I cant see any major change in our approach after all it seems to have done quite well to now.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It would be lovely to think he would give us a couple more seasons. Surely he must be interested to see how far he can take us before jumping to a megarich club. He's only 43.
I hope so too. I just meant that I suspect a lot of managers and coaches will now be looking at what RdZ does and copying it. It is great to watch, effective and players must love it. That's an impact few managers can claim to have had on the Premier League.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I've just read that Chris Sutton says RDZ WILL take the Spurs job if he's offered it. If so Spurs would be insane not to offer it to him wouldn't they?

Christ it's going to be a shite close season with all these allegedly in the know pundits, who almost certainly know nothing other than what the voices in their heads tell them, in order to get more clicks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here