Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] DeZerbi post 22/23

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What is Tony's plan? Does he offer RDZ new contract, will he give him a more of a say in recruitment? Has it gone better than either club or RDZ could HAVE wished for this season?
Greatest time ever to be a Brighton fan and still so much more to look forward to in the next month or so. This summer is going to be a roller-coaster for us fans and this is only due to the clubs progressive work. Glad I only have to teach 30 primary school children and not run a multi million pound football club!
No.
Recruiters use data to recruit.
Coaches coach.
RDZ is a coach. He did not recruit the players delivering current success.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At Sassuolo RDZ was desperately disappointed that they missed out on European football twice, the second time on GD that he took the Shahktar job.

Reading between the lines, or maybe it's obvious, but I think RDZ is driven by his ideology, one of transforming non starlet players into trophy winners through his coaching and tactical systems can be realised with Brighton.

Make no bones about it, while we're all happy just to be in it, he'll want to win it!

He can't win it at Spurs though can he...

Levy's just decided to copy the Bloom/Benham data driven scouting methodologies. Or so he thinks. Previously he'd been a sceptic of such philosophies.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...d-talks-with-betting-experts-transfer-market/

It will take years to work, even with decades in that game TB sanctioned Locadia and Jahanbakhsh, lessons learned along the way.

Until that day, Spurs will still have a hit and miss transfer non strategy.

Not sure if that's a great foundation for RDZ to work with.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
At Sassuolo RDZ was desperately disappointed that they missed out on European football twice, the second time on GD that he took the Shahktar job.

Reading between the lines, or maybe it's obvious, but I think RDZ is driven by his ideology, one of transforming non starlet players into trophy winners through his coaching and tactical systems can be realised with Brighton.

Make no bones about it, while we're all happy just to be in it, he'll want to win it!

He can't win it at Spurs though can he...
If we win it that means we will play in the Champion League the following season. *uck yes sounds like a great plan 😛 He said we should dream why not.

PS if we get out of the group stage, I will be over the bloody moon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we win it that means we will play in the Champion League the following season. *uck yes sounds like a great plan 😛 He said we should dream why not.

Even 3rd in the group means into the Conference doesn’t it?

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022

Our best route to champions league is probably winning the Europa. English teams should really be among the strongest in the competition and other than City there hasnt been anyone we couldn’t beat on our day.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What a terrible appointment. The guys done nothing apart from this season where Ajax and psv have been relatively rubbish. Don't see this one going well.
He's won the league with Jahanbakhsh in the team (on a rotating basis). The man has a vague idea how to get his team playing winning football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here