Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dev Squad @ The Amex tonight 7pm

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can't argue with that however, how many 5'6" players are there in the Premier League at the moment? Lennon?

its usually the smaller players who are better on the ball, i agree you need to be pysically big and strong to play in some positions, but wingers dont always need to be that height, Bridcutt seems to be doing ok, he can outjump most players nowadays.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Can't argue with that however, how many 5'6" players are there in the Premier League at the moment? Lennon?

I dont think we are too far apart here.

If your threshold of small here is 5'6'' then not many, but anyone under 6' might also be considered small, the stats then move a bit.

It would be interesting to see the height stats for the premier leagues throughout Europe, it may well tell us that height is pivotal in a successful Premier League career, but I suspect that the pace and strength of our league dictates this.

But it is changing, eyes seem to be honing towards Spain and a preferred style of play, well you only have to look at Poyets beliefs.

Different styles of play require different attributes and maybe smaller players are more likely to have those required skills, if you are really lucky you can get a big guy with those skill too, then you have a proper player !!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I dont think we are too far apart here.

If your threshold of small here is 5'6'' then not many, but anyone under 6' might also be considered small, the stats then move a bit.

It would be interesting to see the height stats for the premier leagues throughout Europe, it may well tell us that height is pivotal in a successful Premier League career, but I suspect that the pace and strength of our league dictates this.

But it is changing, eyes seem to be honing towards Spain and a preferred style of play, well you only have to look at Poyets beliefs.

Different styles of play require different attributes and maybe smaller players are more likely to have those required skills, if you are really lucky you can get a big guy with those skill too, then you have a proper player !!!

Well I'm thinking that both Barker and March look around that sort of height. They certainly look smaller than JFC and appear to be similar to Dean Cox and Jake Robinson - and look how well they worked out! Saying that, Barker seems to have a bit more about him than either of those two.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
* Full report inside tomorrow's Argus, plus details of a bizarre ban for March.[/I]

The above is from the Argus, does anyone get the paper, we were curious last night why Solly March was not banned after his red card, is reference above about this.

You would think that Barker may play a part on Saturday again, after being subbed early.

He's banned from playing in development games for violent conduct from now, which will include the Sussex Senior Cup, but available for first team games.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Messi - 5ft 7"
Aguero 5ft 8"
Tevez 5ft 8"
Silva 5ft 7"
Paul Scholes 5ft 7"
Juan Mata 5ft 8"
Hazard 5ft 7"

JFC 5ft 10"
Bridcutt 5ft 7"

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He's banned from playing in development games for violent conduct from now, which will include the Sussex Senior Cup, but available for first team games.

Thanks, we were curious how he got to play last night, he will be a loss to the DS.

I thought the club still let players go for height reasons still at defensive positions. I am sure when they are in Gus sights, its about ability, and part of that is about strength and not always height.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Messi - 5ft 7"
Aguero 5ft 8"
Tevez 5ft 8"
Silva 5ft 7"
Paul Scholes 5ft 7"
Juan Mata 5ft 8"
Hazard 5ft 7"

JFC 5ft 10"
Bridcutt 5ft 7"

How tall are Barker and March?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Aguero and Tevez are pocket battleships and don't need the height so much. Shorter players have a lower centre of gravity too which helps.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Thanks, we were curious how he got to play last night, he will be a loss to the DS.

I thought the club still let players go for height reasons still at defensive positions. I am sure when they are in Gus sights, its about ability, and part of that is about strength and not always height.

Actually, to be factually correct, his ban doesn't begin until April 18th (2 weeks after the offence) and so he is available for the games at Colchester on Friday and home to Charlton next Wednesday. His 3-game ban means he'll miss Bristol City (later in the month), the SSC Final and the first non-first team match next season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How tall are Barker and March?

In the Burnley programme in December 2011, March was reported as being 5' 11'' (he may have grown since then?).

I've seen Barker's height reported as 1.72m (which is around 5' 8''), but I'm not sure how long ago that was.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
In the Burnley programme in December 2011, March was reported as being 5' 11'' (he may have grown since then?).

I've seen Barker's height reported as 1.72m (which is around 5' 8''), but I'm not sure how long ago that was.

That surprises me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here