Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby v Sheff Wed relegation decider

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Do Massive still sing their "on our way back" song?

Please please they are on their way back to the third division

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There isn’t really a bad outcome to this, whatever happens. Either of them going down is just great, and both would be fantastic. Rotherham is a right dump of a place for an awayday as well :)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Rotherham is a very deprived area I understand - would much rather they stay up than big spenders Derby or Sheffield.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
There isn’t really a bad outcome to this, whatever happens. Either of them going down is just great, and both would be fantastic. Rotherham is a right dump of a place for an awayday as well :)

Always had a good time in Rotherham...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In fairness they've just played 11 games in 33 days, playing catchup after a covid outbreak in the squad sidelined them for a few weeks. Playing every 3 days for a whole month would knacker most teams out, especially one fighting for survival.

The fact they've taken it to the final day is an achievement in itself. Derby can't stop losing, so I wouldn't entirely write Rovrum off at a Cardiff team who will be on the beach.

I agree. In fact, it makes you realise how lucky Derby are that Rotherham have suffered from fixture congestion and Massive were hit by the 6 point deduction.

If I was writing a script I'd get Cardiff to go a goal up to give Derby and Massive a boost. The Derby go a goal up and they think that's that. Half-time. Then Sheff Wed equalise, but Derby weather the storm and the game is level heading into added time. Then news of a Rotherham equaliser filters through and Derby panic, Massive snatch a late winner and think they're safe, then in the final minute of injury time Rotherham get a penalty. And they miss! But it's retaken as the keeper was off his line. Then they score and survive, while Massive and Derby are both relegated.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Sister-in-law is from Rotherham so would prefer them to stay up. If she was from Sheffield or Derby is still want Rotherham to stay up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd quite like Wycombe to stay up too, meaning Wednesday win by one goal and Wycombe beat Middlesbrough by 13.

Anyone beating Middlesbrough by 13 is fine by me, as they are a team I file in the same bin as Derby and Massive. Hopefully they go down next year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Always had a good time in Rotherham...

Went once many years ago and it was a cracking day out. One of my favourite ever aways capped off by [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] somehow getting onto the pitch from the press box to congratulate Codner, who had scored our winner. Cheap pubs.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Imagine if they do? League one next season containing

Sunderland
Sheff Weds
Derby County
Ipswich Town
Portsmouth

If that is not what makes english football great in a nutshell I don't know what is. How many league titles, FA cups and even european trophies amongst that lot?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Christ, the Complete and Utter Shyster is reffing it. This won't end 11 a side then.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Best outcome: wins for Rotherham and Massive, sending Massive and Derby down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mike Dean reffing, pouring with rain, relegation decider.

Red card 4/1.

Fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here