Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby v Sheff Wed relegation decider

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In fact, Rotherham need only win one of two games. A to Luton who are 12th and will finish 12th so on the beach. A to Cardiff who are 8th and 10 pts off the play offs so on the beach. Rotherham are 22nd having drawn their last but lost the previous 5. BUT beat QPR 3:1 seven games ago.

Not necessarily. They beat Luton and lose to Cardiff means only a Sheff Weds win v Derby would keep Rotherham up.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Wednesday's relegation is sporting justice a year too late. If my memory is not too fogged were they not spared at the end of last season when they should have been given a massive points deduction. Even had it reduced this year I think. While the nobodies from Wigan were treated very badly, after being traded around Asia in disgraceful fashion by people who don't really care.

Football ownership in this country really does need change at all levels.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wednesday's relegation is sporting justice a year too late. If my memory is not too fogged were they not spared at the end of last season when they should have been given a massive points deduction. Even had it reduced this year I think. While the nobodies from Wigan were treated very badly, after being traded around Asia in disgraceful fashion by people who don't really care.

Football ownership in this country really does need change at all levels.

All correct. How they halved Wednesdays points deduction after the season had started is a shambles too.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A very important game about to begin on SkySports between Luton and Rotherham (7.15pm kick off)

If Rotherham were to win their last two games they could send down Derby and Sheffield Weds.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I think most fans except Derby and Man United fans want them to go down.

I, for one, want them to go down as I have an irrational dislike of both Derby and Derbyshire.

Frankly I'd like to sink the whole place into the sea. That this would mean Sheffield would become a seaside town is an unexpected bonus.

Actually I'd like to get rid of everything between Gatwick and Teeside, but that's another matter.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The standard is so poor that it's easy to understand how Norwich and Watford have managed to come straight back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All correct. How they halved Wednesdays points deduction after the season had started is a shambles too.

The EFL were bottlers in halving the punishment.

Lovely how it all panned out though :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

It won’t just be Blades and BHAFC fans loving this. Viewing other online football fora in recent seasons, Massive get mocked a great deal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right now Rotherham don't look like a team capable of winning in Cardiff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Right now Rotherham don't look like a team capable of winning in Cardiff.

In fairness they've just played 11 games in 33 days, playing catchup after a covid outbreak in the squad sidelined them for a few weeks. Playing every 3 days for a whole month would knacker most teams out, especially one fighting for survival.

The fact they've taken it to the final day is an achievement in itself. Derby can't stop losing, so I wouldn't entirely write Rovrum off at a Cardiff team who will be on the beach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here