Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby penalty a dive?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I have seen a lot of misjudged threads on here over the last day, but for me, this tops the lot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The swallow dive/landing after the contact made it look a bit like a dive from side-on in the WSL (directly level) but if someone watching it on TV, with multiple replays and super slo-mo thinks it was a dive then they are sadly misguided. 100% stonewall, no complaints.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Arguably the penaltiest penalty in history.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Easy a penalty, pretty sure we should of had a free kick in their end before that counter attack won them a penalty,but the ref (Derbyfan) waved play on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The guy in front of me jumped up and blocked my view. But there was someone near me who was convinced it was not a penalty, to the point every single time there was a challenge he sarcastically asked if the ref would give a penalty for it, even when it was in the other half of the pitch. Really annoying.

Anyhoo, I've since seen it on TV and as others have said, it was a definite penalty.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As the match report in the Telegraph read, had the tackle been much later it would have been a penalty next season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Penalty every day of the week, including weekends and Bank Holidays!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
From a seasoned, experienced pro who has played at the highest level it was a shocking challenge, unnecessary and cost us the match IMO. Had it been Greer I would have shrugged and quietly sworn, very disapointed with Upson though. I suppose pressure gets to them all.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Upson was so late on the tackle, he almost arrived in the second half

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here