Derby Nearly Sold Out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
What happened mate, I mean a banning order for standing up on occasion? It will get worse if we manage promotion because of supply and demand over tickets they won't give a shite who they ban or what for.

Hove lad got a ban for the derby game and can only go back if he meets the old bill and the safety officer after last night after complaining about something at the bar... ffs . You may know him?? He got the email today although they gave his mate 5 free beers as an apology!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think we have to give 2,000 if they want them don't we?

Yep.

There does seem to be some sort of "we'll give you 2,000 tickets but you need to pay in advance and we'll not take any back" type thing that some clubs do when they're playing hard ball and want to have the option of selling extra tickets to their own fans.

With Derby having the tickets available to all season ticket holders and having not sold out yet suggests demand from them is low (nothing to play for now, live on TV) so it may be that there will be more tickets for Albion fans.

Yep.

There does seem to be some sort of "we'll give you 2,000 tickets but you need to pay in advance and we'll not take any back" type thing that some clubs do when they're playing hard ball and want to have the option of selling extra tickets to their own fans.

With Derby having the tickets available to all season ticket holders and having not sold out yet suggests demand from them is low (nothing to play for now, live on TV) so it may be that there will be more tickets for Albion fans.

This is my thinking. It looks like there are still some available from their initial 1485. Maybe they are keeping their options open on the remaining 515 and we will have to wait until they decide.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Whatever happened to the season ticket holder resale portal from 3(?) seasons ago?
Not that I imagine there will be many no-shows for this.
(For the record I already have a ticket).

We might need to revive it for the premier league next year...or build a new lego stand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whatever happened to the season ticket holder resale portal from 3(?) seasons ago?
Not that I imagine there will be many no-shows for this.
(For the record I already have a ticket).

We might need to revive it for the premier league next year...or build a new lego stand.

I believe that functionality got lost with the ticket system 'upgrade'.

The way it worked was that your eCash would be credited if your season ticket was re-sold. We don't have eCash any more, but I had a look at Brentford who operate a resale facility, and they give the seller a credit towards their following season ticket, which seems to be a sensible way of doing things.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep.

I think they might be playing for 4th, and a second leg home advantage, but is that likely to be enough to entice another 500 Derby fans down here? I guess that's what Derby are probably grappling with.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think they might be playing for 4th, and a second leg home advantage, but is that likely to be enough to entice another 500 Derby fans down here? I guess that's what Derby are probably grappling with.

Tickets have been available to all their season ticket holders for 11 days, and on general sale for 4 days, and they've not sold out yet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, apart from the fact that you get paid with a 'retail gift voucher' that is...

Still, promising start that can hopefully be developed into a regular feature featuring cash credits in the future.

Agree but if I couldn't pass my ticket on to a mate, I'd be happy to do this (particularly as they've put this in at pretty short notice) - better than it being empty.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agree but if I couldn't pass my ticket on to a mate, I'd be happy to do this (particularly as they've put this in at pretty short notice) - better than it being empty.

For sure. Credit to the club for getting something up and running at such short notice. Not a bad alternative to tickets being informally passed on to mates, which must happen a huge number of times over the course of a season, if personal experience is anything to go by. Matter of principle not to leave an empty seat if a fellow Albion fan would benefit from it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports