Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby land James Wilson

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would have taken him. The boy can finish, hope some derisory comments on here aren't bounce-worthy come christmas.
Reminds of all the CMS will come good threads that used to pop up every time he played shite. Wilson doesn't work hard enough for a CH player.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Simply an upgrade on Baldock. Waiting eagerly to see who we get in in his steed because we desperately need a Wilson-type player. Will that player be better than Wilson? If not we've messed up by not resigning him - even if on loan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CH likes players who will roll their sleeves up and battle when required, Wilson is not one of them, he is a luxury player, who only shows in glimpses what he is capable of and cannot be relied on to fight for the ball. I expect us to get a pacy player more in keeping with Hughton's ethos before the window closes.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For whatever reason some most and many strikers come here and are actually half decent,they are here and perform fair average or plain barn door,they go away and become half decent again..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG, your posts are very interesting. If you were CH, with his budget, who would you buy for us and what would your starting 11 be?

I do not know his budget limits but I would have tried to bring Tommy Elphick back and either Ritchie or Vydra plus given Kayal and Stephens a rise to keep them. Unless he has been negotiating for 2 players who we dont know of and aiming to bring them in within the next few days, I fear that we may have missed the boat. I do not know of players from abroad like Ulloa and Hemed. As regards a starting XI I would play LR in right midfield in away games with either one of our wide men on the bench but for home games I would have 2 wide men playing with LR on the bench

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
BG, your posts are very interesting. If you were CH, with his budget, who would you buy for us and what would your starting 11 be?

He would have cloned a squad of Matt Derbyshire's.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Our groundsman will be over the moon he has gone to Derby , for who i think he will score a hatfull .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here