Derby getting ready for us.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ahem......
Haven't seen that picture for a while. That was an incredible day.

I like flags and especially for my 8 year old son to have. Can't imagine having it organised en masse every game though.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
6117Pwvd0dL._UX385_.jpg

A few hundred Rave tastic gloves could look effective* with the 'Seagulls' chant + keep your hands warm + helping to accentuate any forthright gestures towards opposition/match officials. **

* Or friggin ridiculous
**Remember to remove when clapping

Balloons probably a better idea TBO

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A few hundred packets of 50?

Big risk buying online today - if they don't arrive tomorrow then it's going to be too late.

Also: I think I'm a bit colour bling between bright yellows and greens, but isn't that the wrong colour?

In reality I wasn't expecting you to go for it. I've got 4 hi-vis jackets in the car from our holiday in France - 1 is kids' size though :)

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
And with that, Derby fans have just risen massively in my estimation. Well done all round.

TBH, allot of our own fans are still uncomfortable about the organised stuff and the debate is ongoing - I don't personally like being told when to wave a scarf or a flag or even when to sing - but there's no question that it's all helped to improve the atmosphere. The Ipro, like most modern all-seater stadiums, can be a bit sterile when nothing much is happening on the pitch. Moving the away fans and encouraging the more vocal support to relocate to the South Stand has been a great success in countering that tendency. The Ipro's acoustics aren't the best, so it needed an initiative like this to mitigate that.

Of the modern stadiums in the Championship, the acoustics at the Amex and Stadium MK strike me as the most impressive by design. With a concentration of singers at either stadium, I think they could produce cracking atmospheres. It's not likely at MK, but a little bit of reorganisation at the Amex could have a dramatic effect IMO.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
TBH, allot of our own fans are still uncomfortable about the organised stuff and the debate is ongoing - I don't personally like being told when to wave a scarf or a flag or even when to sing - but there's no question that it's all helped to improve the atmosphere. The Ipro, like most modern all-seater stadiums, can be a bit sterile when nothing much is happening on the pitch. Moving the away fans and encouraging the more vocal support to relocate to the South Stand has been a great success in countering that tendency. The Ipro's acoustics aren't the best, so it needed an initiative like this to mitigate that.

Of the modern stadiums in the Championship, the acoustics at the Amex and Stadium MK strike me as the most impressive by design. With a concentration of singers at either stadium, I think they could produce cracking atmospheres. It's not likely at MK, but a little bit of reorganisation at the Amex could have a dramatic effect IMO.

Sadly, I believe the way the segregation works at the Amex precludes us following your lead to put home fans behind the south goal. It annoys me more than it should that even with a close to capacity crowd, the only section that remains empty is the gap between home and away fans at our place, especially as it makes the place look empty on any TV highlights.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Sadly, I believe the way the segregation works at the Amex precludes us following your lead to put home fans behind the south goal. It annoys me more than it should that even with a close to capacity crowd, the only section that remains empty is the gap between home and away fans at our place, especially as it makes the place look empty on any TV highlights.

The sterile area looks unnecessarily big for us, especially with less violence at football these days, I'm not sure I see such a big area at other grounds on the TV. Does anyone know if it's something we do voluntarily or is it set by the FA/police etc?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
6117Pwvd0dL._UX385_.jpg

A few hundred Rave tastic gloves could look effective* with the 'Seagulls' chant + keep your hands warm + helping to accentuate any forthright gestures towards opposition/match officials. **

* Or friggin ridiculous
**Remember to remove when clapping

Balloons probably a better idea TBO

Gloves are a bad idea on the grounds of diminished clapping noise ....

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Agree. Always wondered why we don't stick the away fans into the SE corner and move the fans from that area of ESL into the space behind the goal. That way we've got our fans behind both goals; you could encourage some of the singers to relocate to the south end have a bit more noise down there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The sterile area looks unnecessarily big for us, especially with less violence at football these days, I'm not sure I see such a big area at other grounds on the TV. Does anyone know if it's something we do voluntarily or is it set by the FA/police etc?

I don't think the sterile zone has to be big at all - we've just not had a need for it to be any smaller for a while. One block either side pretty much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdKYfLHqxk

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't think the sterile zone has to be big at all - we've just not had a need for it to be any smaller for a while. One block either side pretty much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdKYfLHqxk

Yes fair point. I just checked the highlights for the Arsenal cup game in January and there is just a couple of rows of seats between fans.
I guess the larger area in the video you have provided is to prevent cross contamination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports