Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby extend their 'going for it' programme to 'really going for it'

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I never used to mind Derby until we played them in the Playoffs. Each one of there fans I met and spoke to made me dislike them more and more. Now I would happily see them struggle this season.

Even if they do there will always be another club to step in and go all out.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
spend all that money yet go for a rookie as manager instead of someone like allardyce who would have been a certainty to get that squad promoted

wot no capitals? Have they been disabled? I can't write words in Capitals either??

C A P I T A L S it works if you put spaces in between.

But REALLY if you can't write words in CAPITALS anymore, what are you gonna DO?

Honestly I just edited this and now I can write in capitals again. Weird!!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I can't see them having a great season. Massive hangover from last seasons capitulation and a completely untried manager. It's been proven numerous times that being a good coach doesn't necessarily translate into being a decent manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On paper they have a promotion squad. But there a big question marks against the manager. Have the board left enough of a budget for Allardyce? He normally brings a whole entourage with him and sacking Clement won't be cheap either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is exactly why I love the Championship.

While all the 'talking heads' are desperately trying to create a story of teams breaking up the Big 4's monopoly in the Premier League.
We all know they don't mean it, we all know it'll end Citeh, Chelski, Arsenal & Utd, we all have a pretty good idea of the results from Nov through to April.

Yet The Albion have gone from bottom to top, Derby have spent millions, there's a few basket cases, but one things for sure, nobody is predicting this division.

theboybilly

I never used to mind Derby until we played them in the Playoffs. Each one of there fans I met and spoke to made me dislike them more and more.

For me it was the exact opposite. When I left the iPro Stadium after the 4-1 defeat it seemed every Derby fan that saw that I was an Albion follower wished us all best for the following season. That said, in the pub after the 3-0 drubbing last season I was the target of some serious mickey-taking. My turn will come. Proper fans most of 'em.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well they do have nine points to make up on us I suppose...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
With the amount they've spent, anything less than automatic promotion will be a massive failure. I'm not convinced that Clement will be able to handle that pressure.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are only 1 striker away from having as good a squad as Derby, and who knows, that could well be Hambo or Harper.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I can see them being last year's Norwich. Great team with a rookie manager. Decent manager takes over and leads them to promotion. But I hope not.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My abiding memory of Bradley Johnson is just how lazy and disinterested he was when on loan to us from the Champions of Europe.

Aside from that epic game against Leicester, I was glad to see the back of him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Its not always the biggest budget that gets you up and someone always foots the bill in the end; usually the supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here