Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Note to @Rookie, my comment about paying to get in was a general bit of light humour not a dig at you. :thumbsup:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Den-iz Un-dav. (4 syllables)

Hey Ba-by. (3 syllables)

Neal Mau-pay. (3 syllables)

Note for the songsmiths. This one doesn’t scan.

If we must recycle an old striker song, how about the CMS song.

Der, der, der, der, der, der, der Den-iz Un-dav.

It actually scans.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Hey Ba-by. (3 syllables)

It actually scans.
You might have a point about recycling songs - however it definitely scans. The original is 4 syllables as the "Hey" is more like He-ey.
Neal Maupay is 4 syllables
Deniz Undav is 4 syllables.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’m still on the fence about his all round game, but for now I’m going to enjoy what he produced yesterday. I thought he was excellent, and the chip was sublime.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’m still on the fence about his all round game, but for now I’m going to enjoy what he produced yesterday. I thought he was excellent, and the chip was sublime.
I think he plays better when on from the start. He's not really designed for an impact sub.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
The Times reporter in today’s paper said he cost £6m and looked more like a £60m player. Even allowing for Wolves dreadful performance, let’s hope this is a really turning point for Deniz. Good luck to him!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure there's an dip in the crowd audio where everyone thought this was going to miss (side on, I was concerned it was going to hit the bar or curl away from goal, but the other angles make me wonder why I doubted it)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Hey Ba-by. (3 syllables)

It actually scans.
Someone must be able to pen a catchy ditty using Blondie's Denis track... the main hook is just gagging to be moulded into a chant for Undav.....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That’s such a difficult goal as well, fair play to him

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Very pleased for him after Saturday. As others have said he's clearly a hard worker and well liked, as proven by a couple of reactions to his goals.

The team were quick to surround him when he scored against 'boro in the cup, which had come at the end of a tough time for him personally and he was clearly very emotional. Then when Undav scored his first on Saturday Julio made a big thing of pointing to him and waving his arms to the crowd to get us cheering him more. It's a real shame that VAR and the uncertainty, even from the players, muted what was a great moment for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really well done Deniz.

He's given RDZ a massive headache. Can he drop a striker after scoring twice? But then Danny scored twice as well, so if you keep that front two in

You can drop anyone at any time. I'm sure Roberto will pick the best team he can for Thursday (taking into account fatigue). Unless of course Merson was right, and Roberto wants us to lose.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Very pleased for him after Saturday. As others have said he's clearly a hard worker and well liked, as proven by a couple of reactions to his goals.

The team were quick to surround him when he scored against 'boro in the cup, which had come at the end of a tough time for him personally and he was clearly very emotional. Then when Undav scored his first on Saturday Julio made a big thing of pointing to him and waving his arms to the crowd to get us cheering him more. It's a real shame that VAR and the uncertainty, even from the players, muted what was a great moment for him.
.....and for me as a fan, I dial in to that feel good vibe amongst the players, it illustrates that the team are enjoying playing for OUR club, a happy team is often a successful one.... and player/agent word of mouth is a powerful inducement when it comes to recruitment.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You don't score a goal like his second unless you're a very good player. Yes we were 5 up, but for a player who has clearly struggled both on and off the field this season it showed outrageous skill and confidence. If RDZ fancies him and he's popular and positive around the squad he clearly has a role to play moving forwards. That goal and the one in the cup showed what an elite finisher he is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Someone must be able to pen a catchy ditty using Blondie's Denis track... the main hook is just gagging to be moulded into a chant for Undav.....
I think Blondie already wrote the lyrics for us:

Oh Denis, ooh-be-do, I'm in love with you
Denis, ooh-be-do, I'm in love with you

Nothing needs changing

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think Blondie already wrote the lyrics for us:

Oh Denis, ooh-be-do, I'm in love with you

Nothing needs changing
Dare I say an attempt is made to dilute the man-love tone down a bit?... and I was thinking more of the chorus...adapt the following maybe..!!

Denis, Denis, oh with your eyes so blue
Denis, Denis, I've got a crush on you
Denis, Denis, I'm so in love with you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here