[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I can quite clearly remember groans of disappointment when he either started or came in as a sub for us,not the best confidence booster for him from the fans,things started to change for him in the latter part of the season and he played really well I thought.

I'd imagine he's now adored by the Stuttgart fans and probably very happy there so I'd of thought the player himself would prefer to stay put and play champions League football,I'm really pleased for him, he's proved he is indeed a striker that can find the back of the net,I guess actually shooting helps so another reason for him to stay at Stuttgart as our current remit suggests we only like to score walking the ball into the net with the odd goal here and there from open play and penalties,that probably sounds bitchy but that not needed extra pass we seem to do so often is becoming a constant rather than the odd occasion.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What abt che Adams on a free from Southampton?.Wolves are diving in for him. If undav is not coming.
So we re-loan the player we currently own .... the German international .... in favour of a player who is nowhere near as good, can barely get past Lyndon Dykes to get in the Scotland team, who we would have to go and pay a significant transfer fee for?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I can quite clearly remember groans of disappointment when he either started or came in as a sub for us,not the best confidence booster for him from the fans,things started to change for him in the latter part of the season and he played really well I thought.

I'd imagine he's now adored by the Stuttgart fans and probably very happy there so I'd of thought the player himself would prefer to stay put and play champions League football,I'm really pleased for him, he's proved he is indeed a striker that can find the back of the net,I guess actually shooting helps so another reason for him to stay at Stuttgart as our current remit suggests we only like to score walking the ball into the net with the odd goal here and there from open play and penalties,that probably sounds bitchy but that not needed extra pass we seem to do so often is becoming a constant rather than the odd occasion.
There were balls flashing across the box yesterday, begging to be put away by a half competent striker

Jul 7, 2003
So we re-loan the player we currently own .... the German international .... in favour of a player who is nowhere near as good, can barely get past Lyndon Dykes to get in the Scotland team, who we would have to go and pay a significant transfer fee for?
I agree with this apart from the fee as I believe Adams is out of contract at the end of the season

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Unless Stuttgart pay whatever the loan to buy option was.
Exactly. If, as reported, the club agreed a deal with Stuttgart that the loan would have an option to buy, and Stuttgart are happy to complete the deal, that's that.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, quite. If that number is €20m, for a player that has scored 19 goals in 32 matches for a good side in a top 5 league, and they don't want to pay that, then I don't see us lowering our demands.

€20m for a player who scored 19, 27, 8 and 19 in his last four seasons and who is still only 27 with a German call-up to his name is an absolute bargain.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There's a scenario I was musing about.

So there's a buy option of £10m or something, but Stuttgart apparently don't have it. Undav is worth more than that now. Is there an chance richer a club could lend Stuttgart the money for the buy option, then buy Deniz immediately after for, say £12m, Stuttgart bank the difference, other buying club get a player probably worth more than £12m?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’d like to see him here again, as long as we play him. If we bring him back and he sits on the bench then I feel he’s fully entitled to go full Sanchez on us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Agree. Its not his or Stuttgarts choice its us that makes the call
If Stuttgart want to exercise the option to buy there is little we can do to stop it happening. The only way it wouldn’t happen is if Undav himself rejects the move or we agree to compensate Stuttgart to remove the option to buy clause.

If Stuttgart want to exercise the option to buy there is little we can do to stop it happening. The only way it wouldn’t happen is if Undav himself rejects the move or we agree to compensate Stuttgart to remove the option to buy clause.
Yes, I don't know what the "option to buy" clause means in the sense of whether they have a fixed price if they want to buy him or whether it depends on certain factors or even whether we can decide if we still want to sell?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports