[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Does this mean that Undav is no longer the slower lardier version of Maupay that we mostly saw during his time here? Or is the German League just that little bit shit?
Couldn’t be more wrong for me.

Streets ahead of Maupay, he can finish for a start and has far better touch.

When he was over his issues, he was quite lethal and IMO exactly what we have missed this season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

When he was over his issues, he was quite lethal and IMO exactly what we have missed this season.
And was very composed when finishing, something Maupay never was. For example I remember those two cute chips he scored from.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But apart from those two cute chips? The level of after-timing here is astonishing. Enrest would be spinning in his NSC grave
Nope. Undav showed at the end of his time here in plenty of matches that he is class. The performances in Germany have only gone on to prove it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aw pleaaase. Spare us. Like the club would casually toss aside a striker worth their salt. Guy was a complete dud while he was here. Why pretend otherwise?
We didn’t “casually toss aside a striker”, we loaned a player who, for whatever reason, seemed to want to return to his home country. He wasn’t shipped out as a failure.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Agree completely, except he’d have done his ACL in week 2 of the season with us and been out for the remainder.

It looks like our squad might be in far better hands next season if our medical/fitness recruits all work out as expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports