Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stuttgart's qualification for the Champions League now confirmed which makes it even more unlikely that Undav will play for Brighton next season.
Bit part Brighton player to German international and CL qualifier is some turn around.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I presume the price is in the loan contract.
It's been heavily commented that the option to buy in the contract was related to how well Undav and Stuttgart did in this season.

As such we'll be getting pretty heavily compensated for his departure if Stuttgart trigger the option.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess so, can’t remember what it was but there has been a constant stream of posts over the season doubting Stuttgart have the money required :shrug:
The CL is a good payer so they will have some extra euros now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit part Brighton player to German international and CL qualifier is some turn around.
He was bit part for a reason. A reason that diminished by 90% when he was able to move closer to family.

There were moments towards the end of last season when it was clear what he offers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair he wasn't a bit part player towards the end of the season.

He was starting most games and performing too.
Fair comment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was bit part for a reason. A reason that diminished by 90% when he was able to move closer to family.

There were moments towards the end of last season when it was clear what he offers.
I know there were some personal reasons which affected things. My point was not questioning his ability, more the fact that things were not going well for him both on and off the pitch but now he’s flying and seemingly happy. I like the guy and am pleased for him.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
And CL football and impressive goal and assist return equals filthy lucre for us
Not as much as it could be though.

Apparently they have an option to buy related to how well he and them perform.

With CL football we're looking at maybe £20m based on earlier reports.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Latest article I saw said it was a performance based fee, and at the time it had reached €20m, but that was a few goals ago and before champs league qualification so could be more now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Latest article I saw said it was a performance based fee, and at the time it had reached €20m, but that was a few goals ago and before champs league qualification so could be more now.
I’m sure it will be.

For perspective, Stuttgart not triggering this clause on Undav would be like Villa not triggering a clause on Watkins. Very similar stats albeit different leagues but still (probably) achieving Champions League football.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I’m sure it will be.

For perspective, Stuttgart not triggering this clause on Undav would be like Villa not triggering a clause on Watkins. Very similar stats albeit different leagues but still (probably) achieving Champions League football.
Personally I think they will stump up the cash. They’d be silly not to. I would have liked to see him back with us, but 20m extra in the transfer budget will be handy

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I would think it very unlikely anybody on here knows what is in his contract. Appreciate attraction to play in CL but he is under contract to us and lets hope we can hold him to this. He would be a lot happier here if he played a lot and lets face a flight back home is only a couple of hours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would think it very unlikely anybody on here knows what is in his contract. Appreciate attraction to play in CL but he is under contract to us and let’s hope we can hold him to this. He would be a lot happier here if he played a lot and let’s face a flight back home is only a couple of hours.
Also, it will be quite amazing to add a couple of Euro 2024 winners medals to our WC and AFCON gongs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports