Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bild has previously reported that his buy option is for 18m Euro, increasing if Stuttgart qualify for Europe.
Smart by the club.

My assumption is that RDZ has fully endorsed the buy option. If you were to compare Undav with Joao Pedro then you can see why. Still, it’s odd to think that we could have Germany and Brazil’s main strikers on our books at the same time. What a bizarre time to be an Albion fan, eh?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Realistically Stuttgart is the shop window. They aren't paying £18m.

We're hoping to tease out a bid from probably a fellow PL team.

Appearances for Germany would do wonders for the fee

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I presume he would have stayed if we hadn't had the Ansu Fati loan lined up?
Does the timeline make sense there though ? Undav went on August 2nd - at his request i think. Club wanted him to stay ? but either gametime or Germany meant no no. . Ansu Fati loan only became possible a few weeks later and i think club were interested partly due to Enciso injury which was on / around Aug 22/23 (a few days after Wolves in training) . Ansu Fati signed on / around deadline day Sept 1st.
(but i guess they might have known about it well before that)

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Realistically Stuttgart is the shop window. They aren't paying £18m.

We're hoping to tease out a bid from probably a fellow PL team.

Appearances for Germany would do wonders for the fee
Well if they make Champions League, suddenly they have a lot more money to play with.

But yes it would be their record signing, even at £18m.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Smart by the club.

My assumption is that RDZ has fully endorsed the buy option. If you were to compare Undav with Joao Pedro then you can see why. Still, it’s odd to think that we could have Germany and Brazil’s main strikers on our books at the same time. What a bizarre time to be an Albion fan, eh?
Brazils main striker might be pushing it - he’s only played 63minutes for the senior squad

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
obviously i’d prefer him to stay abroad but if i was one of the soon to be promoted clubs, or say, a lower table prem club who was about to sell someone like toney or adebayo, i would definitely send an offer our way

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brazils main striker might be pushing it - he’s only played 63minutes for the senior squad
Agreed - he's not. He absolutely COULD be though. Their main number 9 in recent times has been Richarlison, and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind at all that Joao Pedro is better than Richarlison (or Gabriel Jesus).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed - he's not. He absolutely COULD be though. Their main number 9 in recent times has been Richarlison, and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind at all that Joao Pedro is better than Richarlison (or Gabriel Jesus).
Quite looking forward to the England game at Wembley next month now if JP gets a run out

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wonder if they’ll take a loan for Evan next season and we get Deniz back ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is there any chance we can see him in the stripes again? Nobody seems to know re buy option or personal issues. I wish we’d had him this season myself.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Is there any chance we can see him in the stripes again? Nobody seems to know re buy option or personal issues. I wish we’d had him this season myself.
Not likely. It's going to go down as one of those unfortunate scenarios where the planets didn't align at the right time. It was only right at the end of last season did we get a glimpse of the potential and up to that point aside from the players in front of him maybe he just wasn't showing enough in training? The paradox being he needed game time to improve but wasn't earning that game time. And of course the x factor being the undisclosed personal issue.

A real shame as showing his ability now and you got the feeling he was popular in the group.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not likely. It's going to go down as one of those unfortunate scenarios where the planets didn't align at the right time. It was only right at the end of last season did we get a glimpse of the potential and up to that point aside from the players in front of him maybe he just wasn't showing enough in training? The paradox being he needed game time to improve but wasn't earning that game time. And of course the x factor being the undisclosed personal issue.

A real shame as showing his ability now and you got the feeling he was popular in the group.
Agreed. I think he’s be a good addition. He was like a better Maupay in the end wasn’t he. Not as good as Chris Holdroyd but a talent nonetheless.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
As I remember it, he blotted his copy book by committing a nasty foul by the east stand, resulting in a straight red, for which he had no way of redeeming himself ? Could be wrong, though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here