[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The option of having a quality finisher on the bench is a reassuring luxury. I understand why he wants more, but every game where we can't quite score and the opposition continue to frustrate us, we will be left wondering what could have been.
Possibly. However I am pretty confident that we will continue to score plenty of goals this season.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some short memories on here. Bar a handful of games at the end of last season, the general consensus on here was that he was crap and nowhere near being a PL striker.
I don't think it's 'short memories' he simply got better the more he grew into the PL and the more he got more accustomed to it - a bit like Ali Mac.

On the other hand if you want to have a go at those who wrote him off as 'not up to it' at the start of his Albion career then fair enough.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
This is a weird one? He is a goal scorer and probably would have gotten game time with us still, even if he is probably not first choice that still feels like it could have been up for grabs if he finally found his stride. Just feels like one where he’s being dismissed a bit too quickly.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Strange decision and even more so that it is not just until January in case one of other 3 get injured

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It must have come from him. We will need strength in depth this season and he was excellent in his last few games for us.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How years training?

Got plastered in Stuttgart a few years ago.
I got a massive glitterball dropped on my head while in a nightclub there.

Needless to say, that night was a bit shitehouse.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
From the RDZ and Weir comments it sounds as if Deniz has driven this because of a desire to play every week, which is fair enough. Also no mention of a buy option for Stutgart & RDZ says looking forward to seeing him upon return. So maybe not the last we’ll see of him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope he has a great season at Stuttgart, and we can’t ignore him for next season. I was really starting to rate him.
He could well be back. Who nose?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We need another striker!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
My opinion is we let the euphoria of the last few months of the season cloud our judgement on Undav. He wasn’t at the standard we need.

Of his 8 goals, three came against lower league opposition in the cup, 2 were part of a 6 goal demolition of a shocking wolves side and two were in games we were treating like dead rubbers and we lost. Arguably his only truly meaningful goal was against Arsenal.

We play one up top and he’s fourth on the list by some distance for a reason.

Wish him all the best and thanks for everything but let’s not overplay the significance.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
The way the club write up is written seems to imply no buy option as it quotes some
One suggesting we will see him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports