Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s like that brilliant Laurel and Hardy skit when they are going on vocation in the car with their wives but it never gets beyond “Goodbye”
And the kid in the back seat repeatedly asking 'are we there yet?'.

I'll pop back on the thread tomorrow evening for an exciting update.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Stuttgart is off they can’t afford his salary/loan fee.

Yes, for now. But it seems their other striker Serhou Guirassy has an out-clause till 20.08.23. So if another club bought Guirassy for approx 15-20 million euros they would come back for Undav. Stuttgart supporters seem to think Guirassy is probably off..

Other BL clubs also quoted to be interested in Undav.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, for now. But it seems their other striker Serhou Guirassy has an out-clause till 20.08.23. So if another club bought Guirassy for approx 15-20 million euros they would come back for Undav. Stuttgart supporters seem to think Guirassy is probably off..

Other BL clubs also quoted to be interested in Undav.
Would be very strange to have a player with an out clause in the same window they signed him permanently. Great bit of business if they paid £8 million for him in June and then sell him for double that before the season starts.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Would be very strange to have a player with an out clause in the same window they signed him permanently. Great bit of business if they paid £8 million for him in June and then sell him for double that before the season starts.

I also thought about that but maybe it was similar loan-to-buy deal with a pre-fixed number? I would think kicker.de is rather reliable..

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Rumour is that it’s being announced today. There’s footage of him arriving at theres.

500k loan fee, and an option for Stuttgart to buy at the end of the season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There is surely better options for him imo. Stuttgart have been a yo-yo club for years back and forward between BL and BL2. Only escaped relegation last season thanks to Hamburg doing their normal choke in the play-off.
His best option would be to stay he’s a goal scorer some decisions the club make seem weird to me. My mate a Wolves fan is desperate for them to sign him. He reckons if he played a full season he’s got 20 goals in him.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very sad to see Denis go although I do understand his reasoning. Under had finally got his confidence back after the semi-final and was an invaluable part of our late season run. I think he could have played a decent role for us this upcoming, but he would be at least third in line for a starting berth.

I hope the move works out well for him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm disappointed if honest as he is a goal scorer. He may not be the complete all rounder but in front of goal he is very good.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Some short memories on here. Bar a handful of games at the end of last season, the general consensus on here was that he was crap and nowhere near being a PL striker.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Very sad to see Denis go although I do understand his reasoning. Under had finally got his confidence back after the semi-final and was an invaluable part of our late season run. I think he could have played a decent role for us this upcoming, but he would be at least third in line for a starting berth.

The option of having a quality finisher on the bench is a reassuring luxury. I understand why he wants more, but every game where we can't quite score and the opposition continue to frustrate us, we will be left wondering what could have been.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The option of having a quality finisher on the bench is a reassuring luxury. I understand why he wants more, but every game where we can't quite score and the opposition continue to frustrate us, we will be left wondering what could have been.
Except with Ferguson, Pedro, Enciso and others - we may well have few of these games (or at least fewer than we used to).

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

One of his reasons for leaving is to increase his chances of breaking into the Germany squad for the Euro’s.

I don’t understand why he feels he can’t do that here? Surely playing in our 11 is far easier, and he’d back himself into doing that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here